Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How long can you play rpgs without passing out?

Apostle Hand

Liturgist
Batshit Crazy
Unlike shooters, racing games which I can play very long I don't have visual hallucinations when I walk outside. But I can play rpgs very long with help of coffee and cigarettes (and some food).

Late Bloomer

Scholar
RPG's and MMO's are the games I can play the longest. Back when EQ was in its heyday, it wouldn't be uncommon to have an 8-12 hour gaming session. I think the longest I can go now is around 6-8 hours in a single session. I just enjoy my family, reading, and working out far to much to do those kind of sessions very often though. Once in a while, when I do feel like spending the entire day gaming, it is most often and RPG or MMO.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think I've grown old, because I tend to need to stretch for like 10 minutes every hour. Giving that and giving a good experience, I could probably play from 16 to... maybe 22h straight.

The real problem is that most RPGs don't keep me as focused anymore.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Being serious I can probably play D4 for 10 hours or more. Energy drinks help. When I was taking speed I was a beast. I remember playing Dark Souls 2 for 3 or 4 days straight, no sleep. It was incredible but after I crashed I just wanted to die. Felt miserable afterwards. That might be my personal record.

ds

Cipher
Patron
I used to be able to just play all day on weekends. These days I usually don't end up starting until it's already late so usual sessions are a couple of hours at most.

vitellus

the irascible
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
the glory of a good rpg is the ability to be able to get up and go do real life shit then come back. having said that, this only applies to something like Dungeon Rats where it is combat focused and you don't need to get into the right headspace to enjoy immersion other than 'my guy smash other guy'. but then that falls back to the whole, "are games focusing mainly on tactical combat (XCOM, aforementioned Dungeon Rats, indie games like Hex) really an rpg?" debate that has been going on since, well, forever.

to answer your question, on a good day off with nothing that really needs doing, i can with the right game pull eight hours down, i don't smoke anymore so the only reason to remove myself from the game are biological needs.

Funposter

Arcane
Probably 3 hours before I really need to get up and do something else. Generally speaking, I rarely find even an hour these days.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom