Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I have no mouth and I 'MUST' scream

Helioth

Scholar
Well, not me personally but that's the title of the game I was wondering if anyone had played.

Is it good, worth getting, still in circulation ?

Heard an alleged phone call between Harlan Ellison and Robbin Williams discussing L.R.Hubbard and how he came up with scientology because he wasn't satisfied with how little he earned as a writer "started a religion" and behold... anyway
Searched around about Ellison found out about his novel and saw there was a game version of it.

Seeing as recently released games (Gothic 3, to a lesser extent The Wither) have been a sorry excuses for sorry excuses of shitty rpg's, thought it might be worth revisiting something that at-least sounded/looked interesting.

Binary

Liturgist
I have read the walkthrough for the adventure and was very very impressed. Somewhat similar to the also excellent "Beneath a Steel Sky" but without the occasional humor and perhaps even darker.

Monolith

Prophet
I managed to get a copy but before playing it I wanted to read the short story it's based on. After reading the short story and hearing that the game has a different ending, I couldn't get myself to playing the game, fearing it wouldn't do the short story justice and smear the impressions it left. Ellison's "I have no mouth and I must scream" is perfect, I don't need anything more.

Hory

Erudite
Well, Ellison did write for the game as well, so maybe you'll experience even more perfection :).

Binary

Liturgist
I just read the resume of the book and yikes! It seems to be quite different (way more violent) than the walkthrough of the game that I read before.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
It was a very good game with an excellent story , but I couldn't finish one of the characters path due to a strange bug.

@binary:
Just play the damn game!

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Helioth said:
I live in berlin : s

Me too ;)

Can't help you with that game, though. I remember it being 'round when it was new, but never played it. The title is cool and I think there's a classic science fiction novel too.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Do *not* get the German version. I read reviews about it and one character is *completely* removed from the game, which might even break the whole game. It's because he's a concentration camp doctor, and evil Nazi things are a no-no for German games [especially back then in the early 90's]. Get the English version by all means.

Cthulhugoat

Arbiter
Indeed, it's a great game, but it can be quite confusing and a bit illogical in some parts. So don't be afraid to use a walkthrough if things get tough.

Hory said:
Well, Ellison did write for the game as well, so maybe you'll experience even more perfection :).

He also voiced AM. Masterfully.

Helioth

Scholar
JarlFrank said:
Do *not* get the German version. I read reviews about it and one character is *completely* removed from the game, which might even break the whole game. It's because he's a concentration camp doctor, and evil Nazi things are a no-no for German games [especially back then in the early 90's]. Get the English version by all means.

Read about that, I wouldn't anyway seeing as I'm English.
Going to order it from his site.
Ty though !

ecliptic

Liturgist
HATE HATE HATE
IF THE WORD HATE WERE ENGRAVED ON EVERY NANOANGSTROM OF THE MILLIONS OF MILES OF CONDUITS RUNNING THROUGH MY BELLY IT WOULD NOT DESCRIBE ONE ONE-MILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR YOU HUMANS AT THIS MOMENT
HATE HATE HATE

nik2008ofs

Scholar
It's a great game. Note that the background of your character's portrait turns a bit greener every time you perform a "correct" action, you have found the best possible path for a character if his portrait turns white at the end of his scenario. Could never find the best possible path for the woman, Helen I think her name is?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom