Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Icewind Dale 2 GOLDEN!

Ibbz

Augur
Tags: Black Isle Studios; Icewind Dale 2

Icewind Dale 2 has just gone gold which means you'll soon {September most likely} be able to purchase it in a store near you. For those, who know nothing about IWD 2, its Black Isle's 3rd {7th if you count Bioware's products} game based on the Infinity engine and of course is the sequel to Icewind Dale.
<br>
Here's a snippet from the announcement:
<br>
<blockquote>
<br>
"Icewind Dale II" uses the third edition core rules for the classic "Dungeons & Dragons®" tabletop roleplaying game within the popular Forgotten Realms® adventure campaign setting under licenses by Wizards of the Coast. The game hosts a large variety of new weapons, armor and magical items, and expands upon the gameplay elements found in the original "Icewind Dale."
<br>
</blockquote>
<br>
You can find the full PR announcement <a href="http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/020805/dem022_1.html"> here</a>.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Neverwinter Nights, Dungeon Siege, Morrowind... Ice-wind Dale will be lost in the flood.

Ibbz

Augur
I was actually tempted to write "Icewind Dale 2, Black Isle's new piece of shit" but i though naa, better not :D.

Deathy

Liturgist
I think it came a bit later than the flood. However, only idiot fanboys, or people who buy every game ever released will get it.

Really, considering it is a title designed to make money, and looks to me as if it will not, I seriously doubt the business decision-making skills at BIS right now.

It's the same situation with Lionheart, a title designed to make money, which, in the end, probably wont.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom