Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Icewind Dale Icewind Dale/Enhanced Edition Portraits Thread

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
male, human, warrior, ranged

7tS2Udw.png

G5FyDP2.png

DBXQzKT.png

GTCr9J7.png

TtTMgAj.png

rdWuDNH.png

FaEmPWC.png

AYmeUoo.png

cYes9RW.png

iXCiM5Y.png

9gZcvpb.png

GxVCowA.png

Kruyurk

Learned
I never use Asiatic portraits for my IE games. Feels wrong. Tieflings are okay though.
Yeah, having a Dersou Ouzala in your party would be very overpowered. He could just carry solo in Heart of Fury mode.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I never use Asiatic portraits for my IE games. Feels wrong. Tieflings are okay though.
An interesting subject. I think the climate should dictate possible human races. A black guy in the north - yeah right. A mongoloid feels just fine to me, though I wouldn't play one.
And if it's some saharan climate setting, even a black guy feels okay.

Kruyurk

Learned
An interesting subject. I think the climate should dictate possible human races. A black guy in the north - yeah right. A mongoloid feels just fine to me, though I wouldn't play one.
I don't think a black guy in the players party would be out of place, since they are adventurers coming from afar. It would feel weird if some barbarian tribe from the region IWD takes place had black people though.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

AwesomeButton

Patron
I don't think a black guy in the players party would be out of place, since they are adventurers coming from afar. It would feel weird if some barbarian tribe from the region IWD takes place had black people though.
I actually have Dersu Uzala as an NPC in my Rime of the Frostmaiden campaign. He is under my control, so I can keep my noob players alive. As befits him, he is not very talkative or eloquent, and doesn't dictate the direction, but is there if things start getting bad or stupid :)

Self-Ejected

Hafnar the Jester

Self-Ejected
uj_Wj1fjOYF2oBcA.jpg

^THIS is the only aesthethic acceptable for D&D in 2022. Anything else is a racist fascist right wing conspiracy gamer agenda.

Are these mongoloids you posted even genderfluid? Yeah, I thought so.

Last edited:

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Justin Sweet's art is par excellence, and it's rare to find anything that can even adopt a semblance of his style.

But there are some. (A lot of it his own work from other illustrations, but a few outsiders)

Male, Human, Fighter, Two-Handed
JSmall12-L.png
JSmall12-M.png

Male, Gnome, Rogue/Monk
JSmal66L.png
JSmal66M.png

Dwarf, Fighter, Two-Handed
JSmal09L.png
JSmal09M.png

???. Wizard/Sorcerer
JSmal11L.png
JSmal11M.png

Reinhardt

Arcane
The first three are Chukchi warriors I picked up from this book cover, and this is the first time these portraits are ever posted: https://litportal.ru/avtory/a-k-nef...-illyustrirovannaya-enciklopediya-778411.html The Chukchi were quite a badass people, so if you learn a bit about them you'll see they fit.
I have old book
h0buJha.jpg

Anything new in new version?

AwesomeButton

Patron
I don't know, I've only read some of the new one and not even all of it. There may be some notes in the preface of the new one.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh, don't mind ME.
It's just LAGOLE going CRAZY while TRYING to invent an AI method of PRRROOOMPTIN' tastefully messy IWD PORTRAITS fitting the ORIGINAL ones.
Ha HA HA...!
(booba)
icewind-dale-female-dark-elf-drow-white-hair-dark-gray-skin-nude-close-portrait-painting-digital-pai.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom