Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Incognita Early Access and Gameplay Trailer

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
The name of the game has now been changed to Invisible, Inc.
the fact that they dumbed down the name already doesn't exactly fill me with hope for the game's future...

Elthosian

Arcane
I bought into alpha and I like what I'm seeing. Graphics are really nice and gameplay looks VERY promising. Obviously no tutorial since it's alpha so I'm still kinda figuring out how this game works, every time I manage to somehow fuck up. In last run I got my agent killed by electrified floor activated by sounds, you think you're cool as long as you sneak? Nope, I reloaded gun and my agent got zapped instantly. I hope they will improve on RPG aspects, characters level up but from what I've seen you just pick between two small bonuses. It would be pretty cool if you could tailor your own team.

I don't think the game is going to have much squad management options, seeing how it has inherited Don't Starve's character system.

Though I really hope they end up making some kind of "Geoscape" where you can organize your agents even if you can only use two or three of them per mission.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Klei has yet to make a bad game… okay… well… maybe the Shanks.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Hey everyone! I get that names are subjective, and it's great to hear your feedback on it.

Ultimately, we found that people gave us weird looks when we said the previous name, and frequently ended the conversation at that moment. Focus test is probably the wrong name for how we came to our conclusion -- it was more that we simply went around talking to people -- game developers and players alike -- about the two names and found that the curiosity level increased significantly when using Invisible Inc.

Obviously the most important part is the game itself, and being a design nerd, it's probably my favourite Klei game yet. I believe that once people start playing our game, they'll love it and spread the word, and I hope you'll do that same.

Please keep giving us constructive feedback! We really appreciate it.
Thanks for all the constructive feedback! I appreciate it, and it's too bad that most of you guys don't like the name change. For transparency's sake, here are a couple reasons why I felt the change was good:

Incognita is charming, but it plays too many roles at once and ends up being confusing. It's a feminine version of Incognito. It's also not a word in the English language. However, it's also not a word we made up and its main usage is in Terra Incognita (latin for "unknown land") which, although appropriate, was ultimately confusing. It's referencing three different things at once, AND it sounds weird. Our AI is still called Incognita, and having many layers to a character name seems more deep and interesting to me than having that many layers to the game's name itself. Also, many people called the game Incognito because the urge was so strong to make it the real word that it was one letter away from.

That said, my goal is to make a game that's good enough that the name won't matter one way or the other. :P

So we appreciate the feedback on this and keep the constructive feedback coming, especially on some of our larger features and on how the game feels to play. The more we can stay in touch with you guys, the better this thing will be!
tl;dr: people were too stupid to get it, so we dumbed it down
they are also wrong as incognita is part of the english language, albeit rarer than incognito and with additional meanings.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom