Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is the bulletstorm demo good?

it was released for PSn and x-suck live yesterday. So, regen health aside, is it?

I've heard a bit about it, and the regen health and the 3 gun limit is disappointing compared to painkillers setup, but is it well designed and fun?And previews I've seen make BS look more like Duke Nukem than Painkillers grimdark humorless style.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I will download and try it out on the PS3 in a few.

I have played Painkiller and loved it and OF course Duke Nukem.
I like Low brow things and hyper violence.
I will judge the demo from a Painkiller Perspective mostly.

bonescraper

CrimsonAngel said:
I have played Painkiller and loved it and OF course Duke Nukem.
I like Low brow things and hyper violence.
I will judge the demo from a Painkiller Perspective mostly.
Your haiku writing skills
Are as bad as mine
Stick to prose.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
BS looks like the epitome of everything that is wrong with modern gaming.

And it will laugh itself to the bank.

Now I am sad.

Drakron

Arcane
Bulletstrom gives a compelling reason to reduce Poland to a nuclear wasteland.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Gametrailers has some brief demo videos up, if you can go to that site without wanting to vomit.

It looks suitably "over the top" and such... not sure about how good it will be on PC though, and the weapon limit is stupid for a game like this.

ortucis

Prophet
I never understood why people complain about weapon limit.

Are you all REALLY expecting these console games to have strategically placed enemy encounters where only certain weapons will let you win?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
ortucis said:
I never understood why people complain about weapon limit.

Are you all REALLY expecting these console games to have strategically placed enemy encounters where only certain weapons will let you win?

All I know is BioShock was a massive console hit and you had all the weapons at all times, so I don't know why every other developer acts like that's impossible.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
guys which game is the best, halo or uh god of war or some shit

I really need to know

because I'm interested in console shit

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
God of war.

Any who
The bulletstorm demo has a few problems.

It is to short
Boring weapon selection
Nothing Really cool happens
AND most of all the Skill Kill System that is there big selling point dose not seem to work.

It is a basic combo system.

Shot a guy in the head 25 Points
Set him on fire 25 Points
Set a guy on fire and shoot him in the head 100 Points
Set a guy on fire, shoot him into the air, Shoot him in the head and send a rocket up his ass 1000 POINTS!!

In it self that sounds interesting, but it dose not work.

Sometimes it dose not register, sometimes you only get part of the combo and so on.

It might be a bug or i suck at it, but i tried the criminally short demo a few times and I could not get it to work.

The other issue is also that the DEMO is boring. For a game that try to sell it self as a Adrenaline high of kickassitude. It is surprisingly tame and standard.

I am there targeted audience a low brow score chaser and i found the demo DULL!

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Guys my interest is peaked, who could guess consoles could be so much fun

so which game is better, god of war or uuhh guitar hero

let's discuss it on facebook
on iPads
via Xbox liveFUCCCCK THIIIIIS

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I spent many hours with Requiem: Avenging Angel demo, but I don't see Bulletstorm capturing even a fraction of that sort of gameplay.

Achilles

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:
Alexandros said:
Will wait for the PC demo.

You mean the one that is never coming out? :M

Unless you mean the piratebay demo, that is.

Ah shit, you're right, there won't be a PC demo :( I don't really pirate games any more so I'll take a look at a couple of trailers and reviews. If I like what I see, I'll wait for a sale.

Multi-headed Cow

bhlaab

Erudite
shihonage said:
BS looks like the epitome of everything that is wrong with modern gaming.

And it will laugh itself to the bank.

Now I am sad.

What are you talking about?

The new Medal of Honor reboot is the epitome of everything wrong with modern gaming and Bulletstorm is the antithesis of that game

And I doubt that EA are the type to spend money on making the PC version more oldschool. I hope that this demo that Giant Bomb played is selling the game short. Looks like I'll be waiting to see more of the full version on youtube if I'm going to end up buying this game.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
JrK said:
It is cool that after a while they start complaining about the controller and how they want to play it on the PC for the mouse movement. :salute:

Giantbomb, despite still being console focused for the $$$ one assumes, are very friendly to the PC. They always point out that the games look and control much better on PC and in their podcasts they always seem to be playing games on Steam rather than consoles, when available.

The PC seems to be slowly getting more popular again, thanks to (fortunately or unfortunately) Steam.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom