Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Japanese steampunk tactical RPG Shadow of the Road resurfaces, now published by Owlcat Games

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Another Angle Games; Owlcat Games; Shadow of the Road

https://www.gamespress.com/Battle-Yokai-and-Deadly-Steampunk-Technology-in-an-Alternative-19th-Ce

Nicosia, Cyprus (August 26, 2024) — Publisher Owlcat Games, alongside developer Another Angle Games, are excited to unveil Shadow of the Road, an artful blend of CRPG and turn-based combat set in alternative 19th-century Japan. Shadow of the Road is among the first titles being published by Owlcat Games and embodies the features that the new publishing arm is built on: complex and interesting characters, deep narrative, unique setting, and turn-based combat mechanics. The game will launch on PC via Steam.

In Shadow of the Road, explore the rich tapestry of alternative 19th-century Japan as the Boshin War approaches a bitter and bloody end. Players will immerse themselves in a world that combines tradition and modernity, and Japanese mythology and steampunk technology. Enter the struggle between the Shogun and the Emperor, and delve into captivating narratives, leading a diverse group of adventurers through a dynamic, enchanting realm where decisions shape destiny.

Key features of Shadow of the Road:
  • Your Story: Join a daring journey led by Tokugawa's spymaster, who recruits ronin warriors Satoru and Akira to protect a boy with immense, uncontrollable powers. As the adventure intensifies, they are joined by characters, each of whom has their own history and motivation. Together, they confront escalating challenges, striving to reclaim their honor and change the course of the war.
  • Your Choices: Every choice guides these characters along unique paths, shaping who they become. Player decisions will determine if they form new bonds, sever lifelong friendships, or mend family ties.
  • Your Team: Take on the role of a master strategist and become an entire team of characters with a variety of backgrounds and skills, each with their own motivations, desires, and fears... and set them on unique paths.
  • Your Fight: Experience turn-based combat with a samurai tactical vibe. Each team member brings unique abilities to the battlefield, and their personal goals and relationships influence every encounter. Master these dynamics and strategic maneuvers to lead the team to victory.
To stay up to date on all things Shadow of the Road, follow along on X (Twitter), Facebook, and Discord.​

Drowed

Arcane
Interestingly, when I went to check on Steam, the game was already on my wishlist, but I don't remember seeing it before. Uh, strange. I guess the first impression wasn't that strong, but I found the setting interesting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom