Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Jason Anderson Bails on Herve

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Lingwe said:
That's Brian Fargo? I thought he would have had thick glasses and a bushy partly grey beard.
He looks like Derek Smart.

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
He's a nice guy. I met him briefly once, and I remember he had this awesome royal purple shirt on. I mentioned this to Avellone when I first started at Obsidian, and he nodded fondly and went "Ah, the shirts." Apparently Mr. Fargo is quite the snappy dresser.

Also I have a peep over at InXile and he seems to be pretty happy with stuff there. But he's a programmer and they have a different way of looking at projects than fussy designers like myself.

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
Seattle's game dev market right now sadly remains pretty shit. And everyone's shaking trees at the goddamn GDC at the moment. But, in talks. And working on own projects. NO I WILL NOT TELL YOU ABOUT THEMS.

Actually the market as a whole is pretty assbutts. Ubisoft seems to be the only company really gearing up for - something? - but their offices are in places like Montreal which I would not like to move to so much, no. I'd be ok with Vancouver, but the taxes there are fucking INSANO which is why I resist. And also I like Seattle goddammit. I've not given up on this place yet.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I hear Blizzard's hiring for a bunch of positions.

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
Yeeeeeah, but 1) not in Seattle, 2) they have really insanely demanding schedules (from a co-worker whose husband works there, they alternate with two weeks of crunch and two weeks of normal hours, and for those of you in the know "normal hours" is 50 or so), and 3) goddammit I am trying to stay OFF of WoW, I've been clean of it for a year, I CAN'T GO BACK MAN I CAN'T GO BACK!

But good on Blizz. Although I DO wish they'd do the Valve and Bethesda model thing of helping SMALLER development houses publish games. Y'know... share the wealth and whatnot. Help the industry as a whole.

/soapbox

Shannow

Waster of Time
Although I DO wish they'd do the Valve and Paradox model thing of helping SMALLER development houses publish games. Y'know... share the wealth and whatnot. Help the industry as a whole.
Fixed ;)
Working for Blizz requires alternating between 50 hours of gold farming in WOW for two weeks and then gold farming+actual work for two weeks...? ;)

So Annie, what projects are you working on currently? And is the gaming biz the only industry of interest to you?

Longshanks

Augur
Annie Carlson said:
Actually the market as a whole is pretty assbutts. Ubisoft seems to be the only company really gearing up for - something?
Don't know about Ubisoft Montreal, but looking likely that Eidos Montreal are at work on Thief 4.

Panthera

Scholar
Longshanks said:
Annie Carlson said:
Actually the market as a whole is pretty assbutts. Ubisoft seems to be the only company really gearing up for - something?
Don't know about Ubisoft Montreal, but looking likely that Eidos Montreal are at work on Thief 4.

This would be amazing if true, but why do you think so?

Texas Red

Whiner
Annie Carlson said:
He's a nice guy. I met him briefly once, and I remember he had this awesome royal purple shirt on. I mentioned this to Avellone when I first started at Obsidian, and he nodded fondly and went "Ah, the shirts." Apparently Mr. Fargo is quite the snappy dresser.

Also I have a peep over at InXile and he seems to be pretty happy with stuff there. But he's a programmer and they have a different way of looking at projects than fussy designers like myself.

Epic fail, Annie. Epic fail. Wearing purple shirts is the same as wearing a fedora. Both scream douchebag because every guy attention whore has them, trying to stand out with the an incredibly lame way.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
You only say that because purple shirts are associated with ''new russian'' riff raff in your motherland.

Longshanks

Augur
Panthera said:
Longshanks said:
Annie Carlson said:

This would be amazing if true, but why do you think so?
Well, likely may be too strong. But, they have said their unannounced game is the continuation of a successful series, beginning with T and the next Tomb Raider has already been announced. They're also already reviving Deus Ex. Take a look on TTLG, there've been a few other hints.

kris

Arcane
Annie Carlson said:
3) goddammit I am trying to stay OFF of WoW, I've been clean of it for a year, I CAN'T GO BACK MAN I CAN'T GO BACK!

Weakness revealed, will exploit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom