Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Jedi Academy vs Jedi Outcast

Gostak

Educated
Because I failed embedding these the first time around and MBII is good (unless cheaters ruin the game and take advantage of honest players...)

SoupNazi

Is there a fun co-op Jediknight experience to be had anywhere? Some mods, Jedi Academy official campaign, maybe?
JKA's mod, Open Jedi Project, has a co-op mode for the main campaign. It's not entirely bugless and I think some missions don't work at all (like the rancor ones), but it's a lot of fun to play through with a friend.

Old One

Arcane
I think Outcast has a more authentic classic Star Wars "feel" to it's design, but Academy is more fun with better mechanics. The best Outcast levels are better than the best Academy levels, but the worst Outcast levels are significantly worse than the worst Academy levels.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Jedi Academy has the best lightsaber combat, maybe ever in a video game. But its level design is kind of dull, and is otherwise uninteresting. It mostly existed as a multiplayer arena type game. The Jedi Knight games (and to a lesser extent Dark Forces) were all much better games, sometimes verging on great. In general quite difficult though, and they contain some deeply obnoxious levels (ugh, Nar Shaddaa).

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
These games are right now on Winter Sale in Humble Store. Which one is worth playing? Both?
I liked Jedi Academy. If you are planning to play twice, you might want to choose staff like weapon in second playthrough, it's bit harder to use.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom