Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Just Press Play doesn't like Hammer and Sickle

LlamaGod

Cipher
<strong>[ Game -> Review ]</strong>

Some website named <a href="http://www.justpressplay.net">Just Press Play</a> has reviewed <a href="http://www.hammer-sickle.com/">Hammer and Sicke</a> and given it a low rating of 5.4/10.

Yet another review that starts off with comedy:

<blockquote>If you are new to turn-based war games along the lines of Eidos’ Commando series, there is a tutorial that will leave you just as confused as you were before going in – if not more.

So what exactly do they mean when they say turn-based? Think of Chess with guns and equipable items. Your character has a set number of AP (action points). Once you move a certain distance, or partake in a particular action (such as shooting), your AP is used up and you must end your turn and let the computer take its turn.

If you are one that thrives off of non-stop action, this turn-based title will bore you to death.
</blockquote>
Turn-based war games like Eidos' real-time squad tactics game Commandos? Alright...

Also: Anyone who thinks turn-based is 'boring' needs to be beaten in the scrotum with a lead pipe until they can't father children.

The main thing that is puzzling about this review is that they've given it a low score, but don't say why. The only things they complain about are 'slow gameplay', grammatical errors and the A.I. actually giving a challenge.

They go on to say they like the graphics, the sound and a few other things, but never say why the game is so bad... and if those things I listed in the last paragraph are the reason, fuck you "Just Press Play".

Read the rest <a href="http://www.justpressplay.net/games/reviews/pc/153-Hammer_and_Sickle.html">here.</a>

Jason

chasing a bee
It's nice to see one of the Bethesda Devs taking time to post here. Is Hammer and Sickle a mod for Oblivion? BTW, I lost the papers that tell me how to find Caius Colades so how do I find Caius Colades?

Anonymous

Retards of your caliber are not fit for society, my friend.
If you are truly incapable of figuring that out by yourself, you have no business playing Computer Role Playing Games. It would seem fitting for someone of your stature to consult sites like GameFAQs for advice on how to handle situations like these. I, for one, would never stoop as low as to not do my very best to figure things out by myself before even considering asking for help. 'tis for the weaker of us to do such. It is an act of desperation that speaks of weakness. The weakness that you so lackadaisically showcase in your posts.

I, for one, would never do such a thing. Though I do admit that we all have our weaknesses. Is it perhaps not true that people who have no weaknesses are terrible; there is no way of taking advantage of them? Even though one could try, one would not achieve anything. It'd be an act of bravado that, though certainly quite entertaining, would go unrewarded in the long run. How could one possibly take advantage of someone who doesn't have anything to contribute to the society he keeps polluting?

LlamaGod

Cipher
If you are truly incapable of figuring that out by yourself, you have no business playing Computer Role Playing Games. It would seem fitting for someone of your stature to consult sites like GameFAQs for advice on how to handle situations like these. I, for one, would never stoop as low as to not do my very best to figure things out by myself before even considering asking for help. 'tis for the weaker of us to do such. It is an act of desperation that speaks of weakness. The weakness that you so lackadaisically showcase in your posts.

what the fuck are you talking about

It's nice to see one of the Bethesda Devs taking time to post here. Is Hammer and Sickle a mod for Oblivion? BTW, I lost the papers that tell me how to find Caius Colades so how do I find Caius Colades?

Sorry, I don't know. I'm a dev on their next Terminator game :chew:, but it's too early to tell you about that

Jason

chasing a bee
Your friend is mean and I hate him. But I'm glad you're making the Terminator game as long as I get to be a wood elf in it because I am a wood elf in all your games except for Redspire because it made me be a black person in that game. I don't play that game anymore.

LlamaGod

Cipher
I roleplay a terminator who is scared of heights, so I hold down the walk button when im in the daedra house :crazyeyes: :oldman:

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
SolInvictus said:

I, for one, would never do such a thing. Though I do admit that we all have our weaknesses. Is it perhaps not true that people who have no weaknesses are terrible; there is no way of taking advantage of them? Even though one could try, one would not achieve anything. It'd be an act of bravado that, though certainly quite entertaining, would go unrewarded in the long run. How could one possibly take advantage of someone who doesn't have anything to contribute to the society he keeps polluting?
omg guess what? you're b& :aiee:

You can check out pat's game in the next issue of PC Gamer where he shows off Terminator 3's next-NEXT-gen engine and also discusses which Terminator is his favorite (3).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom