Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Learn Japanese to Survive! - HIRAGANA BATTLE

MegaHarv

Barely Literate
Hey all, so roughly a week ago I stumbled across a Steam title called "Learn Japanese to Survive! - HIRAGANA BATTLE" it's a turn based RPG which teaches you the basics of Japanese Hiragana. Being a long time RPG fan who feels like they have seen it all, I was intrigued by the notion of an RPG teaching me a real world skill, so I gave it a try.

So far I'm about an hour into the game and it seems like a useful learning tool. The nature of RPG battles make for a sensible method of repeating and memorizing the characters. I have the Japanese "vowels" memorized as well as "k" sounds. I was introduced to the basics of dakuten as well.

I'll leave the link to first part of my playthrough to give a taste of what the game is like should anyone be interested in trying the game out themselves, but I'm curious if other RPGs already exist that are similar in concept? I think the next logical step after beating this game is to try and play an existing RPG with it's original Japanese translation. I'm thinking Dragon Warrior.

Let me know what you think, and thank you for your time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom