Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's test this shit.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Dicksmoker started it.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Dicksmoker said:
Yeah, picking different choices than yours in a game which has a lot of branching paths is clearly ineptitude.
Of course not. I was talking about picking an option and not realizing where it would lead when that was clearly obvious.

I'm sorry, maybe in a game with CHOICES you should be able to decide to kill someone regardless of what he thinks about you.
As I said before, you do choose to not kill him by constantly picking the CHOICES that don't lead to you killing him.

So you open with a jab against me but it's totally not about me. Got it.
The jab was a light-hearted aside between parentheses. And that made you think I was talking about you in every single point I made? Jesus.

Except I never did that.
FFS I'm getting a little tired of repeating myself, but if you had picked any one of the options that both me Andy have alread specified you would have killed him. You avoided these options, thereby choosing not to kill him.

Really the gist of the argument seems to be about this: you think the choices don't make the consequence obvious, I think they do, Andy thinks they do but would've preferred an extra choice at the very end. Once again the horse is the voice of reason and balance.

Oh, you still haven't explained this little gem
I'll pull a Dicksmoker on this one: "Yes I did in that other thread, learn to read." :smug:

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Sceptic said:
Dicksmoker said:
Yeah, picking different choices than yours in a game which has a lot of branching paths is clearly ineptitude.
Of course not. I was talking about picking an option and not realizing where it would lead when that was clearly obvious.
Except that it wasn't obvious.

I'm sorry, maybe in a game with CHOICES you should be able to decide to kill someone regardless of what he thinks about you.
As I said before, you do choose to not kill him by constantly picking the CHOICES that don't lead to you killing him.
Yeah, and all of these are arbitrary and don't follow logically. And yet somehow I'm supposed to be at fault for not making these choices that require meta knowledge of the game, instead of the game developers rightfully being blamed for poor design.

So you open with a jab against me but it's totally not about me. Got it.
The jab was a light-hearted aside between parentheses. And that made you think I was talking about you in every single point I made? Jesus.
Give me a break. I'm the only one who's complained about the Marburg thing. Jimbob admitted he hasn't played the game. So who else would you be talking about?

Except I never did that.
FFS I'm getting a little tired of repeating myself, but if you had picked any one of the options that both me Andy have alread specified you would have killed him. You avoided these options, thereby choosing not to kill him.
:retarded:

I'm tired of trying to explain this to you. I've already detailed the choices (and lack of) I received during the game (including the conversation with Marburg). Either you aren't paying attention or don't believe me. In either case that makes you not worth my time.

Really the gist of the argument seems to be about this: you think the choices don't make the consequence obvious, I think they do, Andy thinks they do but would've preferred an extra choice at the very end. Once again the horse is the voice of reason and balance.
And here's the zinger: you think a certain choice should be omitted entirely at the end because apparently the game (and you) know what I want to do better than I do based on arbitrary decisions made earlier in the game.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Dickie, give us a step-by-step (somewhat) walkthrough on exactly what you're doing. We're not leaving this thread until you kill Marburg and/or get that youtube bbcode right.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
I'd say the Codex consensus is pretty much a 5/10. Taking into account all those who enjoyed it despite its flaws.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom