Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Lips of Suna now at v0.6.0

getter77

Augur
Tags: Lips of Suna

http://lipsofsuna.org/

It has been quite awhile since the game last saw an update released, so it is nifty that this is appears to be a fairly substantial update:

"-New graphics engine based on Ogre.
-New keyboard-friendly user interface.
-Added an overworld map area.
-Added primitive labyrinth dungeons.
-Added landmark objects that are visible from distance.
-Added several new spells, skills and monsters.
-Spells and skills can be unlocked by completing quests.
-More responsive controls and better hit checking for attacks.
-Several improvements to the AI.
-Added random item fetching and NPC killing quests.
-Added unique attacks and strategies for certain monsters.
-Added cel-shading and outline rendering.
-Added some new character creation settings.
-Added an object specification browser to the editor.
-Large rewrites to make adding and maintaining content easier."

For those whom missed it the first time around:

"Lips of Suna is a tongue-in-cheek dungeon crawl game that takes place in the chaotic dungeons of Suna. The five intelligent races of the world descend to the dungeons with their goal to save the world from a conclusive disaster.

In your journey to the depths of the dungeons, you will, among other things, have to fight creatures of different varieties, solve quests, explore new places, and craft custom items. Luckily you don't need to do all this alone since you can crawl the dungeons with your friends.

Features
-Hardcore Content

-Experience what chaos really means. Witness blood and gore, crude humor and nudity.
Custom Skill System

-Develop your character with extreme depth by creating skills with a variety of effects.
Versatile Crafting

-All the objects in-game can be craftable, using the materials you mine and harvest.
Random Map Generation

-No game is ever the same, with random areas to explore and creatures to encounter.
Dynamic Terrain

-Destroy terrain, mine ores, build buildings, sky's the limit!
Quests and Special Areas

-Experience an epic quest line, NPC dialog, and several special areas polished by hand.
Ease of Extensibility

-Gameplay and content is easy to add, so if you feel there's something missing, add it in!"

Overboard

Arcane
Having animu catgirls as PCs is a great way to attract people who play RPGs.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Thanks for the info. Put it on my "games I'd like to try someday before I die" list.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom