Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Marvel 1943: Rise of Hydra (Skydance/Amy Hennig game)

Elttharion

Learned
Captain America ruins this perfectly diverse game.

I mean, a black spy in 20th century France. What is she infiltrating? Human zoos? What an amazing idea, a black woman spying on the nazis.

deuxhero

Arcane
I didn't watch the whole behind the scenes video since all I saw when skipping through was Epic masturbating to UE5. A linear cinematic action game about Captain America doing sabotage/taking out some key target in occupied France while being opposed by Black Panther's grandpa because... something (and all comic heroes crossing over have to fight on their first meeting) is certainly a more interesting premise than "Here's a card game centered around a recreation of a mostly forgotten arc starring a barely customizable player avatar supported by random heroes you don't care about".

Gabriel Jones is an existing WW2 era character from the 1960s, but he's pretty deep onto the bench of a team (the Howling Commandos). It's bizarre to make him a central character without the original Nick Fury or Dugan in sight. Black Panther Sr.'s support makes no sense as a major viewpoint character: Nobody cares about her, her prospective will overlap with her boss (from his attitude in the trailer there can't be a naive king and hardened advisor dynamic), and the three fourths black cast looks goofy and suspiciously current year when standing next to each other.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Lol, one of the Germans is taken out by a rump kick. Incredibly lazy, are we supposed to believe he was knocked unconscious by that?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I mean, a black spy in 20th century France.
The Saboteur from 2009 had this kind of stuff, but in a very funny way.

K8kum3QIwAMI.jpeg

vZPBqghrevxZ.jpeg

vZGiCO7Vq5EW.jpeg

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
>WW2 Marvel

>no Nick Fury
>no Howling Commandos
>no Bucky
>no Namor
>no Human Torch
>no Union Jack
>no Miss America

Not even a Wolverine cameo, yet T'Challa's grandaddy, 1 Howling Commando and 1 bitch that didn't exist prior to this game are all in...
What a mess

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom