Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect 3: an open letter to Bioware

Project: Eternity
Dear Bioware,
please don't do to ME3 what you did to DA2. Please don't go all anime on the animations because that twitchy flashing mess makes my head hurt.

Also, I know you were murmuring about putting more "RPG" into the game but please just leave it at more dialog choices (even if they all lead to the same outcome). You did well with ME2, which works very well as an action game with a little bit of choose-your-own-adventure, AKA "interactive movie".

DON'T add weird new loot mechanics or minigames which will most likely just suck as hard as the fucking planet mining. In fact, just get rid of every minigame, all they do is waste my time.

Thank you. That is all.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Dear Freelance Henchman,

Thank you for your letter about the Mass Effect games. As we have many fans of our roleplaying games writing to us daily, replying to each letter on an individual basis is not possible at this point. We have forwarded your concerns to the game design department and they will respectfully take them into consideration.

As a taken of our appreciation, please accept this photo of Shepard and keep fighting against the Reaper threat! See you on the Normandy commander!

:thumbsup:

Sincerely,
Your friends at Bioware

RPl7q.jpg

racofer

Thread Incliner
If anything, FH, Bioware should reduce the amount of dialog in ME3. As it is, ME2 is full of pointless, retarded dialog which could have been converted into more varied and bigger maps for the shootan acshun.

But my favorite game from Bioware this year comes in less than two weeks so I will just wait and see what ME3 will throw at me. Retarded as it is, I know I will play and enjoy DA2.

20 Eyes

Liturgist
Right now Bioware is really catering to the gigglesquee Twilight crowd with their waifu bullshit and the way they assume their customers are too stupid to understand what checking/unchecking a friendly-fire option would do (even with an explanation pop-up, like all the other options in the demo). They're also milking the fuck out of DA2 with a bunch of DLC being announced before the game is even released.

They're pulling a lot of bullshit right now, and hopefully people will vote with their wallets and abstain from supporting that nonsense. Unfortunately, the more likely scenario is Bioware is right and DA2 will fly off the shelves and Bioware/EA will make a lot of money selling glittery alternative costume sets to desperate landwhales so they can make their male/male romance scenes juuuuust right. They will then write bad erotic fanfics about the characters' inevitable gay wedding, and they'll post it to the Bioware board and the show goes on.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Didn't you know the Reapers are tainted Dragons in full body armor that originated in the DA universe but ended up in the ME universe because of those strange mirrors Morrigan was so obsessed about? Also, she will be in ME3.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
racofer said:
Didn't you know the Reapers are tainted Dragons in full body armor that originated in the DA universe but ended up in the ME universe because of those strange mirrors Morrigan was so obsessed about? Also, she will be in ME3.

:lol:

But she was already in ME2... as a Quarian. Perhaps that was her cover?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I didn't play a Bioware game after NWN1. Not DA, ME, JE, NWN2, Kotor no.

Fuck that shit. Retarded quest to go to 4 districts can never be pardoned.

racofer

Thread Incliner
The Quarians are elfs, from the DA universe. Since life on Ferelden was too fucking hard, they took a planet for themselves where they lived long and prospered. Unfortunately their continuous attempts at creating the best AI ever for their post apocalyptic game ended up in tragedy where it rebelled against their masters.

Morrigan will be discussed in a separate DLC where you find out she leard Flemeth's secrets and achieved eternal life by transferring her mind into a new, younger body which allowed her to exist up until the Reaper Age where ME takes place.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
SCO said:
Fuck that shit. Retarded quest to go to 4 districts can never be pardoned.

It looks like there are 3 districts in DA2.

What now bro? Too...OPTIMISED for you?

Multi-headed Cow

Please kill me I spent 2 minutes on that and I feel terrible about it.

Rogue

Educated
I don't like your letter. I want them to keep making games crappier and die as fast as possible. :)

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
They'd actually have to decline ME3 quite a bit to reach the level DA2 seems to be aspiring to. I mean, if they recycle art assets then new ones still have to be in that same style so the visuals are probably safe, and it's not like you could put fucking hack&slash into ME without some serious bullshitting. As for the RPG mechanics, ME2 already gave those up and I honestly didn't miss them. Unlike in DA2 where the game still seems to be under the impression that it's an RPG despite the action gameplay and lack of non-combat skills.

curry

Arcane
racofer said:

Oh that explains this abomination

Blood_Dragon_Armor.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom