Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mods for NWN 1

Paulie

Novice
2 or 3 years ago , i played the NWN campaigns ( only OC and SoT ) and basically they pretty much sucked. So i sweared i'll never touch this game.
It's 2008 and one of this days i came across a link with some , so called "great mods" . I don't know the exact link but i suppose that those mods are listed in the neverwinter vault.
So , tell me some good or very good mods ( if something like this exists ) for NWN ?

P.S I read yesterday here about this Tortured Hearts mod ? Is it any good?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Why not do a forum search? This topic crops up every three month and everything that can be written about it has been.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
It's really great in theory. Think Fallout-level when it comes to C&C and openness.

Except it's... awkward.

Sir_Brennus

Scholar
Paulie said:
2 or 3 years ago , i played the NWN campaigns ( only OC and SoT ) and basically they pretty much sucked. So i sweared i'll never touch this game.
It's 2008 and one of this days i came across a link with some , so called "great mods" . I don't know the exact link but i suppose that those mods are listed in the neverwinter vault.
So , tell me some good or very good mods ( if something like this exists ) for NWN ?

P.S I read yesterday here about this Tortured Hearts mod ? Is it any good?

If you are not too much into C&C but more good ol' adventuring in the BG way then you have to check Darkness over Daggerford.

Even if it has uneven writing I had a blast playing it to the end.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Darkness over Daggerford is pretty boring story-wise. I never did manage to finish it.

Tales of Arterra, Elegia Eternum and its sequel Excrucio Eternum, and HeX Coda are some of the best I've played. If you're interested in rogue-specific mods, Book of Shaddowe and Threat of Dreams are also excellent. For spellcasters, you can't go wrong with Almraiven and Bone Kenning. Looking for something different? thegeorge's modules offer surreal horror of exceptional quality: start with Stormy Night and then its sequels, Narcopolis and Wake. The last one is just unforgettable. Angel Falls is also excellent.

dagorkan

Arbiter
The Conan Chronicles has had it's second chapter released (beta). Another reason to reinstall NWN2 when SoZ comes out

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
For a game that sucks, people still tlak about playing it years after its release. On the Codex of all places. R00fles!

aboyd

Liturgist
Here's the old back-and-forth between me & Admiral Jimbob. He & I have posted this 3 times now, I think. It pretty much sums up the state of mods for NWN 1, but it's from 2007, so anything in the last 10 months or so will not be discussed. Here ya go:

aboyd said:
Admiral jimbob said:
PLAY LIEK DESE MODS
You're reposting the old list, form the last discussion like this? :) That's OK, I'll post some comments which may be similar to my other posts.

Admiral jimbob said:
Tales of Arterra 1 + 2. Good old fantasy fare, but done really well, good plot, decent RP, cracking quests. Lovely stuff.
Yeah, this is the NWN mod that saved the game for me. I hated the original campaign, but playing ToA was very well done. I don't recall how non-linear it is, though. I think it was just the good NPCs and compelling story/quests that worked for me.

Admiral jimbob said:
Darkness over Daggerford is decent. Gets the BG2 feel down pretty well.
Yes, excellent for those who like BG2. I liked it.

Admiral jimbob said:
The Hex Coda is great, but the series is sadly discontinued.
I loved the HeX Coda simply for transforming a sword fighting engine into a sci-fi engine. The dialogues were good too, though.

Admiral jimbob said:
An Ancient Heart 1 + 2. Good old epic adventuring again.
I think I liked this, because I still have it installed. But I don't remember much about it.

Admiral jimbob said:
There's more. Find them yourself, I can't remember them all.
Kingmaker had hilarious NPC henchmen. The wererat is great. Pirates of the Sword Coast was the first module that got me interested in crafting. You pretty much need crafting to survive. Plus, you know, pirates. Wyvern Crown of Cormyr has horses & jousting. I actually didn't like the jousting, although it was novel for a time. But I did like the horses themselves, as they carried a lot and could fight in battle.

I'd try Daggerford and Arterra before trying the three I just mentioned. Because Daggerford & Arterra are free.
One bit of advice I typically offer to people who try Tales of Arterra is to use the walkthrough to get the 3 companions. Once you have them, throw away the walkthrough. You won't need it. But the companions are non-intuitive to get, and they pretty much drive a lot of the interest in the game. So get them ASAP without feeling bad about using help to get them, then enjoy the next 25 hours of playtime.

aboyd

Liturgist
Volourn said:
For a game that sucks, people still tlak about playing it years after its release. On the Codex of all places. R00fles!
I like the modules better than the OC. I'm don't feel embarrassed or hypocritical about thinking NWN OC sucks but the modules rock (if you find the right ones).

I can't say the same about NWN 2, though. I have yet to play a module that was better than the NWN 2 OC. But then again, I stopped playing the modules a year ago, just as they were taking off. There's probably something good there now.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
So? People said NWN sucks. That the OC is, well, average no one will debate, but that's not what people tend to say - they said the whole game sucked, when, in fact, it's an amazing engine for custom modules and multiplayer so a lot of the hate is entirely undeserved. And if I understood it right it was marketed 1/3rd OC, 1/3rd multiplayer and 1/3rd modules, so it seems to succeed at least 2/3rds... not too bad these days.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Turrican 2 is a better game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom