Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Module B9 Castle Caldwell and Beyond - A FRUA Conversion Module

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I have always wanted to do a module for FRUA that was at-least half way decent, and I wanted to do a conversion module of a classic D&D module in FRUA. *Almost* all of the classic D&D PnP module have already been done (most of them by Ray Dyer), but I happened upon one that was never done for FRUA and so I gave it a shot.

These modules use Ray Dyer's The Realm Series hack, so these modules will be Hacked, and you will need to have UAShell installed to play them. You can read here on how easy it is so set up in DOSBox.

I tried to match the PnP modules a closely as possible (and with choices and consequences) as much as you can do in the VERY limited FRUA engine. And the modules will be pretty much in the same style as The Realm series of modules.

You will be making your characters in the first module, and then will be importing them into the other modules as I finish them. Also the interface frame art I did myself (I just modified the colors of an older Frame from the redrose File archives).

If you are in the mood for a classic D&D PnP module with FRUA, perhaps give these a try.

Modules currently finished:

Chapter 1 & 2 - The Clearing of Castle Caldwell & Dungeons of Terror (COMPLETE) Download here: http://frua.rosedragon.org/pc/modules/b/b9ch1-2.zip

Chapter 3 - The Abduction of Princess Sylvia (IN PROGRESS)

Chapter 4 - The Great Escape (IN PROGRESS)

Chapter 5 - The Sanctuary of Elwyn the Ardent (IN PROGRESS)

Screenshots from Chapter 1 & 2

13405.jpg
13406.jpg

13407.png
13409.jpg

EDIT: Some additional notes

In Chapter 1 you CAN rest. In Chapter 2 there is NO resting at all, and you CAN become trapped and the game will end (with a hopefully satisfying ending I did for that).

Last edited:
Weasel
:salute:

Excellent, will def give it a try. Was thinking of playing a FRUA module when I have some time.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
No, I just spent time on this to take my mind off of other things. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom