Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

More AoD awesomeness

Raapys

Arcane
I can see them without logging in.

I'm wondering, though. Won't allowing for solving so much just with dialog make for a very short game?

fastpunk

Arbiter
After reading through those three Let's plays on RPG Watch I can honestly say I'm looking forward to this game. Didn't notice the Loremaster thread though. Thanks for the heads up!

Raapys said:
I'm wondering, though. Won't allowing for solving so much just with dialog make for a very short game?

I guess it's quality over quantity. Plus, this bodes well for replay value.

Lumpy

Arcane
Wouldn't forcing most of those challenges to be solved with combat lengthen the game artificially?

Raapys

Arcane
Lumpy said:
Wouldn't forcing most of those challenges to be solved with combat lengthen the game artificially?

Yes, but all games do this. That's basically what takes time in games; combat or travelling. And even with this games are rarely much longer than 10-15 hours.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It almost feels like Torment all over again, being able to focus on dialogue instead of combat if you so desire, and it doesn't hurt that the writing is pretty good.

All the Let's Play threads give me the impression that AoD has more branching questlines and C&C than any other RPG I've played. For me, good C&C pulls me into the game, increases the immersion that the game is actually set in a living, breathing world that responds to your actions.

Looking forward to AoD's eventual release.

Lumpy

Arcane
According to VD's carefully orchestrated hype campaign, the game is supposed to be around 30 to 40 hours.
In any case, I prefer shorter games personally, with lots of alternative content. It should be my choice how long I play a game, rather than be forced to sit through 20 hours of filler combat simply for quantity's sake.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I just want a game where I start a new character and won't have to deal with the 'oh here we go again, the same guard, the same encounter, the same boss fight' in tutorial area. So opening vignettes are a good thing imo.

Mareus

Magister
Lumpy said:
According to VD's carefully orchestrated hype campaign, the game is supposed to be around 30 to 40 hours.
In any case, I prefer shorter games personally, with lots of alternative content. It should be my choice how long I play a game, rather than be forced to sit through 20 hours of filler combat simply for quantity's sake.

Well you can stop playing after 10 hours :lol:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Quantity means nothing.

One of the reasons Fallout was so awesome was because you could beat it in 10 minutes.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This looks fucking awesome. Can't await playing this, and eventually making a review of it for the Codex. And buying the boxed version. Hey VD, what content was planned for the boxed version?

Mareus

Magister
Yeah it does look pretty good. Hopefully it won't be ruined by bugs and what not.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Raapys said:
I can see them without logging in.

Don't think so. Was PST a short game if you avoided combat?

JarlFrank said:
This looks fucking awesome.
Thanks.

Hey VD, what content was planned for the boxed version?
Full color, professionally done box, manual with detailed info and art, and an 11x17 glossy map. The map looks pretty awesome.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Vault Dweller said:
Hey VD, what content was planned for the boxed version?
Full color, professionally done box, manual with detailed info and art, and an 11x17 glossy map. The map looks pretty awesome.
Oh, you silver-tongued devil. You'll spoil us rotten.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom