Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade Warband (and Floris) skills opinions

Selden

Barely Literate
Recently I decided to revisit the good old Warband (with Floris mod) and now I'm enjoying it immensely. Playing for Swadia because of its good troops roster but mainly because of this faction's location on the global map, literally in the middle of the fray, surrounded by other factions, and spending most time fighting on all fronts. Swadia landscape is favorable for waging wars because it's flat for the most part (maybe I would play Rhodoks more wiilingly because I love their troop roster even more but Rhodok landscape is so mountainous that makes movement through this terrain and tactical maneuvering a real pain).

In the past I never got too far in this game though, so I'm not very familiar with middle- and especially endgame. So I'd want to ask advice from veterans and conoisseurs concerning the skills choice and progression.

By he way, I was never a big fan of companion hiring, preferring kinda solo play, only myself and my loyal (disposable) troops. Thus I like to get Party and Leader skills, like Trainer, Pathfinding, Surgery, Spotting, while fighting by foot in heavy arnor with some two-handed/polearm thing.

Will it be viable in the long run? What other tips about skills should I know to get more power and fun?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom