Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mouse (1930s Cartoon FPS)

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In

Check out this teaser for Mouse, a gritty, jazz-fueled shooter inspired by classic FPS and noir films. Join private detective, John Mouston, for an all-guns-blazing battle through a dangerous and corrupt city in this upcoming action-adventure game. This Devlog teaser features some early gameplay, showing off the game's 1930s-inspired cartoon Rubber Hose animation style. Here's a look at a few of Mouse's weapons in action, including the Revolver, Tommygun, and even some Dynamite.

Last edited by a moderator:

Modron

Arcane
Will be interesting to see what the world building is like, all I can say about this early teaser is the art style is nice.

Ash

Arcane
Has potential. The concept is neat, I'm envious I never thought of that. But for now it just seems gimmicky/significantly undercooked and not ready for any reveal.
If they utilize cartoon staples such as the exaggeration of actions into the gameplay, it could be great. For now it just looks like a couple months dabbling in whatever engine with some cartoon textures on top.

Also...don't be fucking lazy. Where is the color? Limitations can be good. Lack of color was never one of them. You can emulate the style of classic cartoons in color just fine.

Strig

Learned
This is absolutely fantastic, I hope it'll go beyond what looks like a quirky prototype and we'll get a fully fleshed out game. I'll be perfectly content if it's at least solidly mediocre. Ever since I saw this scene (1:34 if the timestamp gets borked) in The Mad Doctor I wanted something in that classic rubberhose style fleshed out in 3D. Impressive work by the animators by the way.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Just found out about this. Looks p. fucking good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom