Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News New game: Vision, from the creators of UFO: Aftermath

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: ALTAR Interactive; Vision

According to the <a href=http://www.altarinteractive.com/pages/press11_en.html>press-release</a>, <a href=http://www.rpg-vision.com/pages/index.html>Vision</a> is "the next stride forward in the evolution of modern role-playing games, featuring exceptional graphics, true-to-life NPC behavior and a finely tuned balance between raw action and deep story development are the essential elements that will make the title irresistible to RPG fans".
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Unrivaled visuals featuring real-time inverse kinematics through animation blending along with lifelike 3D models, textures and lighting
<br>
Dynamic and thrilling combat with diverse weapons, spells and combat styles; advanced AI fully utilizing the 3D environment in combat
<br>
Highly artistic, coherent level design inviting creative strategies
<br>
Fresh take on fantasy setting with believable behavior of both your party and the enemies; malleable characters give your party a unique dynamic
<br>
"Inner sight" mode that reveals hidden magic, cryptic meanings and subtle connections in a visually amazing way
<br>
Tight story with twists and surprises communicated through the in-game cinematics and branching dialogue system
<br>
Extensive system of magic items and skills; enemies ranging from lithe pixies to thundering ogres </blockquote>Doesn't sound very evolutionary to me.
<br>
<br>
<br>
Thanks, <b>DemonKing</b>

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
Actually, it's a bit vague, but it could be good if they stick with turn-based combat. I hate to admit it, but I'm starving for a good RPG right now. Wizardry 8 was my last good fix, and I want to see what developers could do with today's technical and graphical technology to make an awesome turn-based RPG.

Btw, has anyone played Gladius? Is it worth buying?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Did it say anything about turn-based? 'Cause it's coming from the assholes who think that "while TB is almost a synonym for "tactical" (as apposed to "real-time clickfest"), in fact, it is very unrealistic. It is a throwback to old war games that obviously had to be played in turns".

Human Shield

Augur
Vault Dweller said:
Did it say anything about turn-based? 'Cause it's coming from the assholes who think that "while TB is almost a synonym for "tactical" (as apposed to "real-time clickfest"), in fact, it is very unrealistic. It is a throwback to old war games that obviously had to be played in turns".

Urge to kill rising...

Dhruin

Liturgist
Vault Dweller said:

I'm sure you'll enjoy this interview at HomeLAN.

UFO: Aftermath received two types of feedback. Reactions from casual players have been very positive as opposed to those of old school veterans who play X-COM and Jagged Alliance all the time. The hard-core, turn-based fans have lot of nice ideas that we will hopefully be able to use in some future project.

Yep, those TB fans just had so many good ideas we had to go make ANOTHER REALTIME GAME!

Vival

Augur
I feel so guilty since I bought Aftermath(=Xcom for retards) and helped this guys staying in business.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom