Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New kind of game

Archaeon

Scholar
I got this great idea of a game last night, I really feel the need to share it.
It's a kind of game which contains many characters. There would be combat, and i had this crazy idea of a combat system which could be played in turns. Like you use your turn to move and attack the enemy, and the enemies do so in their turns too.
The character/s you play with would have numbers which would measure their ability to fight and do other stuff. Like some kind of intelligence for intelligent characters and dialogue. Yes, dialogue, now comes the good part. You would have multiple ways to approach dialogue, and that would in turn lead to other dialogue paths. some kind of missions could be implemented, in which a character would give you a task and you would have to do so in order to advance in the game or get rewards maybe. Those missions could even have more ways of being handled. You could also choose to be male or female or even choose a starting race! Do you think it's any good?

Archaeon

Scholar
ok ok listen to this one: a game in which you just shut the fuck up and admire my innovative ideas :D

Texas Red

Whiner
How about this for a revolutionary idea: you could avoid combat through diplomacy.

J1M

Arcane
Solohk said:
Dark Individual said:
How about this for a revolutionary idea: you could avoid combat through diplomacy.

Can you use this "diplomacy" to deal with rats?
Charisma of 11:

ofratsandmensl9vq9.gif

Archaeon

Scholar
by listening to all your brilliant ideas I have come up with a new idea for total immersion : What about making graphics for the game... you know.. the character could also be portrayed by pixels :D good one huh?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom