Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New shit from the guy who made Scratches

Squiggle

Novice
I sent an email to the address on the Hanwell site. They replied thusly:

Dear Squiggle,

Thank you for writing. We would be happy to have your relative among us -- thus, you are invited to visit our facilities and see for yourself that the Hanwell Mental Institute remains the respectable place it has always been. You will be able to experience in the flesh the safe treatments that we are performing on our patients.

The institute will be ready to receive you, and your inquiries, on July 9th.

With kind regards,

Dr. Andrew H. Miller
Head Director
http://www.Hanwell.org
andrew.miller@hanwell.org

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Trailer is popamole (tm), but I seem to be the only person who really, really dug the atmosphere of Scratches, and if it can capture something similar, this is an instant winner in my book.

coaster

Liturgist
I loved the atmosphere in Scratches too, which had a lot to do with the wonderful sound by Cellar Of Rats but also the feeling of isolation throughout.

The reveal at the end was a little poor, but isn't it always.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
trustno1code said:
And speaking of Scratches, it's available again.

• BOXED: N/A

DIGITAL: N/A
Ehue?

Also, I am interested. Please tell me more of what is this Scratches and where can I get demo / game?

Lumpy

Arcane
DarkUnderlord said:
Also, I am interested. Please tell me more of what is this Scratches and where can I get demo / game?
It is a horror adventure game where you're some writer guy that moves to his new victorian mansion and starts unveiling its secrets and shit. It's great because the environment is very believable, because you get to know the locations well over the course of the game, because there's tons of shit to examine/etc., and because the puzzles are very logical.

Here are two links where you can get the game:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_nos ... es&x=0&y=0
http://isohunt.com/torrents/scratches

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
It is my favorite Haunted House (tm), infinitely elevated further by the great soundscape.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom