Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New unofficial VtM: Bloodlines patch

sweet i just got vtm from steam, should i play it vanilla first? any unofficial patches that don't make gameplay changes?

PennyAnte

Liturgist
I just bought it myself not long ago. I'm going with the AT patch first, then this one on another run through. You can find the AT patch at FilePlanet here.

I should note that there's a big exploit with the AT patch and character histories. It lets you start with a lot more attributes, skills, abilities and disciplines than normal. It's fine if you want to start more powerful but otherwise is a pretty significant problem. It also screws up the tutorial if you use the exploit.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
In wesp's patch you'll find the "core" patch and the "plus" patch which has extra tweaks , just use the core patch. You should use the tweaks patch only in a replay.

Vanilla 1.2 is fine. I found no game breaking bugs. Actually, I don't remember encountering bugs at all, just some random crashing that happens even with the 5.1 unofficial patch.

bozia2012 said:
Don't play as a Malkavian first - all the fun playing them is after you learn about the plot and characters.

And how will playing a Malkavian hinder his ability to follow the plot?

I was a Malk on my first playthrough and the only moment when the dialogues were too much was in the cab.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Emotional Vampire said:
bozia2012 said:
Don't play as a Malkavian first - all the fun playing them is after you learn about the plot and characters.

And how will playing a Malkavian hinder his ability to follow the plot?

I was a Malk on my first playthrough and the only moment when the dialogues were too much was in the cab.

Where the fuck did you read that in my post?

You won't fully understand Malk's dialogue - his insight ability makes him able to "see the reality behind the veil", so unless you don't know the plot and NPCs his lines will be only gibberish to you.

spiwak

Novice
I'd go with the core patch. At the VERY least, official 1.2, otherwise you'll find yourself with a game-breaker towards the end.

Suchy

Arcane
Do the patches support widescreen? I'd gladly give vtmb another go, but having everything stretched is kinda meh.

Suchy

Arcane
Cool.
Btw this triggered a trip down the memory line into cheating old dos savegames :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom