Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN 1 modules from 2007 & 2008

aboyd

Liturgist
This feels weird to ask, since I'm usually the one answering this question, but... has anyone here played a good, recent NWN 1 module?

I ask because of the big 1.69 patch that just came out, which has rekindled my interest in trying a module or two. The thing is, I've not done any NWN 1 module-diving since early or mid 2007, I think. So has there been a good module in the past year or two that you might recommend?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
The only mods I ever played with NWN1 were the Penultima series. They were brilliant and awesome. Then I got bored of NWN1 and deleted it from my computer.

buccaroobonzai

Scholar
These are from before 07 but if you haven't played them, you should:

Hex Coda
Honor Amongst Thieves
Tales of Arterra
Almraiven
Midsummer Knight's Dream (playing this now)

Texas Red

Whiner
buccaroobonzai said:
These are from before 07 but if you haven't played them, you should:

Hex Coda
Honor Amongst Thieves
Tales of Arterra
Almraiven
Midsummer Knight's Dream (playing this now)

How is the overall quality of these moduls? Will I see glaring flaws that will break teh immersion?

Thrasher

Erudite
I've been wanting to do this too. Many of the older better mods though haven't been updated to be consistent with later patches. I hate a buggy experience.

buccaroobonzai

Scholar
Hex Coda- one of the most original RPGs I've ever played. Its similar in ways to Eberron but yet very unique. It more like what the modern world would be like if magic replaced technology.All in all gets 10+ for creativity and originality.

Honor Amongst Thieves- Another mod that gets 10+ for creativity and originality. A thief module with espionage, undercover, stealth and thieves guild quests, all held together by an epic main plot. You have never played an RPG like this mod. This is what playing Lankhmar on the tabletop is like.

Tales of Arterra- Heavily influenced by BG2: great character development, large bustling urban quests, great NPC interactivity-majority of sidequests in a game revolved around the PC's backstory, their actions, the origins/conflicts of the world, and the issues/problems/backgrounds of my companions. Conversations and deeper understanding of your companions can be spurred on by various quests you help them with, or vendettas you help with on.

Almraiven-simply put a satisfying and complelling urban mystery adventure.

Midsummer Knights Dream- Think BG2 in a psuedo-Egyptian desert setting with mysteries to explore.

Athiska

Novice
Weeell, Saleron's Gambit, by Tiberius209, seems to have been completed by 2007. That's all I can say.

bat_boro

Arcane
Hey, guys, are there any good modules based on Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" or Feist' world?

I'm just DYING to play a cRPG based on Martin's world.
As for Feist, I've been meaning to try Betreyal at Krondor, but I fear I won't like it after so many years, so maybe something more recent?

Sorry for the offtopic, if it is considered as such

bat_boro

Arcane
Well, as a matter of fact, I remember trying Night Watch mod some time ago and remember getting frustrated for something (can't remember specifics, though) and fucked it compleately

But I think I'll try it again, I remember it having some good atmosphere there

And what about something from Feist?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom