Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Omikron: The Nomad Soul

Kwota

Augur
Okay boys and ghouls, I've got a mission for you all

I was going through the long list of games that I hadn't played but always wanted to and I remembered this pearl. Now here is my problem with it - I'm on Windows 7 x64, game as such works fine and dandy but controls give me an headeache:

I've changed keys to standard fps setting (WSAD) but moving through menu is still a chore - game only reacts to W, A and E (set as use) keys in menu and in game when I try to use freelook mouse pointer goes all the way to the upper right corner of the screen and like to stay there (I can move mouse in x,y but in a matter of second it goes back in upper right corner).

And so my dear friends: If any of you had a similar problem and found the answer how to fix it - please share your experience in this thread.

Flanged

Scholar
You're going to hate me for this, but I had it working fine not long ago with perfect mouselook and easily navigable menus, but I don't remember how I got it that way so I can't help you. Look for guides on how to get it running well on modern systems and OSs. There are a few around the web, I remember having to use those just to get it to load up without going into a BSOD fit. That was under XP with a Geforce 5200, though - not sure how it handles anything newer than that.

Good game though. You're really missing a lot of fun. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom