Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

One-Eyed Likho - horror game from Morteshka, the makers of Black Book

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron

ONE-EYED LIKHO
Fairy tale № 302
Recorded in the Nizhnedevitsk district of the Voronezh province by N.I. Vtorov

Authentic Horror
Once upon a time there was a smith. "Well now," says he, "I've never set eyes on any harm. They say there's evil in the world. I'll go and seek me out evil." So he went and had a goodish drink, and then started in search of evil. On the way he met a tailor.

Well, they walked and walked till they reached a dark, dense forest. In it they found a small path, and along it they went--along the narrow path. They walked and walked along the path, and at last they saw a large cottage standing before them. It was night; there was nowhere else to go to.

Presently in came a tall woman, lank, crooked, with only one eye.

One-Eyed Likho is a mystical first-person horror adventure in which you have to find Likho and escape your own evil fate.

Features

Folk horror – Explore a game world inspired by a Slavic fairy-tale recorded in the early 19th century
Burn mechanics – Solve fire-based puzzles and light your way with matches
Story-focused exploration – Explore the environment to find hints and details of the story
Secrets to uncover – Progress through the game to uncover secrets and learn the whole truth

ss_b7a5aa22baa346381964166b157450d68e1c307f.600x338.jpg
ss_6e7cf20210e0cd0ca87b047169e30d2d78f2bd29.600x338.jpg

ss_d7496390bbdc1cc7a39ed6ecc85e2fa3758484f0.600x338.jpg
ss_297c40ad32ec35b20993f0a0c6a273b46272ca05.600x338.jpg

toughasnails

Looks like what Betrayer should have been like.
But they are going for altogether different things.

But if you want something like Betrayer - so open world exploration with combat and a bit of stealth - with a similarities with this as to artstyle and theme, try the aforementioned Mundaun.
It's criminally overlooked. I suspect that at least some took it for another artsy horror walking sim, either from the trailers or early game, whereas if you stick with it you'll be surprised by what the game will throw at you, both what you'll get to do and what you'll see.

Beastro

Arcane
Looks like what Betrayer should have been like.
But they are going for altogether different things.

But if you want something like Betrayer - so open world exploration with combat and a bit of stealth - with a similarities with this as to artstyle and theme, try the aforementioned Mundaun.
It's criminally overlooked. I suspect that at least some took it for another artsy horror walking sim, either from the trailers or early game, whereas if you stick with it you'll be surprised by what the game will throw at you, both what you'll get to do and what you'll see.
No, that's not what I mean. I actually wished Betrayer had different gameplay from what it has.

I remember getting in very early access (long before they caved and gave the option for colours) and wandered around the first town not knowing what kind of game it was. Biggest scare in a long while that I'd had from a game was turning after a pause thinking about what to do since the town seemed empty and noticing one of the ghostly townsfolk standing right besides me staring like a living statue.

He'd totally blended into the monochrome and freaked me out since I'd been standing there for a good minute and relaxed. Then I slowly went up and realized he was just offering a quest.

I was thinking it was going to be a low key horror one of that mold only to go out into the first field and realize what it was really centered around.

That impressed me because it was the first time in a game since I was young that I wasn't sure what to make of an npc, friend or threat... or if he even was an npc since he seemed like part of the background.

This seems more like that style of game I got from that first impression of Betrayer.

toughasnails

Again, Mundaun might be right up your alley. The opening area in particular, the game present you with a sunny, warm, homey environments into which eeriness slowly seeps. And it'll play with your perception alright.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom