Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review PCGameworld Dislikes COPS 2170

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Tags: MISTLand; Power of Law: COPS: 2170

PC Gameworld's Christopher Burkett has recently taken to <a href=http://www.pcgameworld.com/review.php/id/567/>reviewing</a> COPS 2170: The Power of Law and upon deciding that the game was unworthy of being called a good game, he's awarded it with a meagre 60% overall score. The review is extremely short and each tiny paragraph is interspersed by a screenshot. Here's one of those tiny paragraphs:
<br>
<blockquote>Combat is also a frustration as many weapons are overpowered and there's no way to fix this as <b>there is only one difficultly setting</b>. Since it only takes about three shots from a simple pistol to finish off a character items like med pacs are useless. Also, because of this problem you will be forced to a tedious save-and-reload strategy, saving the game whenever you make any progress and reloading whenever a character dies.</blockquote>
<br>
Wrong. There are several difficulty settings and it can be altered through the game's configuration utility outside of the game. Gaming journalism at its finest!

LlamaGod

Cipher
Combat is also a frustration as many weapons are overpowered and there's no way to fix this as there is only one difficultly setting. Since it only takes about three shots from a simple pistol to finish off a character items like med pacs are useless.

how do i used cover?////

A configuration utility outside of the game is not intuitive enough for the new generation of "please hold my hand" gamers. Geez, doesn't anybody here know that a difficult game isn't fun?

Sarcasm aside, The review here does give the game a fair shake and although it doesn't seem to be my type, I may just keep an eye on it, itchy trigger finger on the MasterCard.

A technical thing Ex, I noticed that the near entirity of the text in the review is hyperlinked to the screenshot gallery. It seems a bit odd, so I assume that there may be some sort of crossed wires behing the page.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom