Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review PIrates of the Carribean reviewed at GameZone

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Pirates of the Carribean

<a href="www.GameZone.com">GameZone</a> has reviewed the recent piratey RPG, <a href="http://pirates.bethsoft.com/main.html">Pirates of the Carribean</a>. They're rather fond of it, giving it a score of 7.9 and using bad pirate puns throughout the review, the scurvy dogs.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Pirates of the Caribbean (which I will refer to as PotC going forward due to laziness reasons) revolves around captain Nathaniel Hawk as he wakes up in the town of Oxbay after a rough storm battered his ship and washed some of his crew off deck. There is a guy who meets up with you and offers to show you around and give you a little tutorial on how to move, get items, equip things, fight, block, and begin completing objectives that you get up front like “buy a new spyglass” and “sell your cargo of chocolate and leather”. You don’t have to do the tutorial, nor do you really have to any of the objectives, but it’s nice that it was included when you first begin and will help you get started the right way. After doing everything you need to do, you set sail at which time a nifty cut scene comes up where you find out that Oxbay was attacked and taken over by French forces, and you were the only vessel that made it out on a mission to inform the English of the attack and occupation.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
The French... <i>won</i> a battle? Well, I suppose that as soon as you get the skeleton pirates, realism is a mere pipe dream, but this is still disappointingly inaccurate.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at <a href="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blues News</a>
<br>
<br>

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
To be picky, you don't seem to have given a link to the review itself, which would be convenient.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom