Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Play young Xardas in Gothic 3 - The Beginning!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Link

Playing the role of young Xardas - a hero chosen by God Innos, gamers have to find the four chosen ones and bring back the sealed magic to the island of Khorinis.

In this quest, they will have to explore 50 different scenarios, fight against over a dozen enemies like wolves, orcs, bandits and trolls to battle against. While battling, they can learn numerous magic spells and collect armors, items by talking to the 35 non player characters, backed by a great AI system.

Christopher Kassulke CEO of HandyGames, maintained, “We are happy to expand our cooperation with Gamevil for such a great Title like Gothic 3 – The Beginning. So more consumers worldwide are able to play the best RPG on mobile phones.”

In the Gothic 3 – The Beginning, players will also notice the continuance of gameplay, wherein players can earn experience points, gold and unique items. To acheive these incentives, gamers have to solve a main assignment, while playing small side-quests. Try to beat the game to continue the adventure on Khorinis and further advance the character.

“HandyGames is well known for its consistent quality of games. RPG is a sector in mobile gaming that can show a lot of improvement in the future due to the enhanced capabilities of the handsets,” mentioned Kyu Lee, President of GAMEVIL USA, “We’re happy to deliver one of the best RPG games that HandyGames has developed so far.”

With the help of the intuitive control, the players can make use of 8 slots to shortcut certain moves, a smooth maneuvering system. The included original soundtracks from the official Gothic PC game ensures a less frustrating, more relaxed gaming atmosphere. This user-friendly game offers easy tutorials in the beginning that guides gamers to get involved in the world of Gothic.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Heh, might be fun for boring school lessons. It's only a mobile phone game, so nobody is going to give a fuck about its story I think and it won't really become official lore. Did anyone give a fuck about what happened in the Elder Scrolls mobile phone games? No.

So no need to worry. It'll be fun to play, and after a year or so everyone will have forgotten about it. Not that a mobile phone spinoff ever became official lore of the gameworld.

WalterKinde

Scholar
Wasn't Xardas already "old" in even Gothic 1 so how is it a "beginning" in Gothic 3?

jaylittle

Scholar
The only solace here is that there is no way on earth this could be worse than Gothic 3 was. Gothic I and II absolutely rocked. 3 was total shit. I'll never understand how the publisher and development team managed to take such a great setup and flush it down the toilet.

I actually beat Gothic 3. And I regret stomaching my way through it long enough to do that. After recently replaying I and II, it is impossible for me to claim 3 was anything less than a total ass rape of the series not to mention the lore.

I will not be purchasing the upcoming Gothic 3 addon, this mobile piece of garbage, nor will I entertain thoughts of purchasing Gothic 4. As far as I am concerned, the Gothic series has gone the way of Highlander.

Lumpy

Arcane
Playing the role of young Xardas - a hero chosen by God Innos, gamers have to find the four chosen ones and bring back the sealed magic to the island of Khorinis
:(

Seriously - all of it is pretty sad.

Depressinator

Novice
I can't wait to choose amongst all the chosen ones. I always wondered who did the choosing. I guess it's Xardas.

Unradscorpion

Arbiter
Why are people reacting to this? It is a friggin' mobile phone game, get on with serious aspects of life, like CRPGs.

Vault Dweller said:
Playing the role of young Xardas - a hero chosen by God Innos, gamers have to find the four chosen ones and bring back the sealed magic to the island of Khorinis
:cry:

burrie

Scholar
I've played Doom RPG. It's a very clever dungeon crawler, actually, with some neat scripting in it.

You might also want to look at Dweller, a free mobile rogue-like game. A very nice way to quickly pass the time.

bat_boro

Arcane
So anyone actually played this?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom