Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Playstation Network

Secretninja

Cipher
Automated PSN Email said:
Trophies just leveled up!
Now you can display your skills proudly—
via PlayStation.com:
• Access everyone's trophies for undeniable bragging rights
• Compare with your friends—and your opponents
• Up the stakes and compare trophies within each game
• Track your progress to the next level against friends:
Who will get there first?
• Show your competitive edge as you track your progress within game against friends
• See what trophies you have and what you still need to unlock for each game
• Use the sorting features to plan your game domination
• Friend or foe? See who's online when you play
Stare down your competition
with your PlayStation®Network Portable ID:
• Take your unique PSN ID with you on official game sites, social networks and other third-party sites
• Show off your profile including trophies and level status
• Build your reputation: Your Portable ID links to your public trophy page
FUCK YA.
Now I can compare my epeen to those xbawks fucktards and show my superiority.

Slobbergoat

Novice
~show them online~

Unfortunately with still no trophy support for Ninja Gaiden Sigma as far as I can tell you're not going to have anything to show off other than playing lots of easyfag games.

Slobbergoat said:
~show them online~

Unfortunately with still no trophy support for Ninja Gaiden Sigma as far as I can tell you're not going to have anything to show off other than playing lots of easyfag games.

Sigma 2 soon? Well... that is if Hayashi hasn't completely lobotomized the difficulty across the board, like he did with the Incendiary Shuriken Ninja.

34i008k.jpg

RIP Xbox Kid, we knew you well.

Slobbergoat

Novice
Given Ninja Gaiden 2 wasn't nearly as hard "academically" as Ninja Gaiden Black and the massive tales of noobing-down of Sigma 2 I wouldn't hold my breath.

Slobbergoat said:
Given Ninja Gaiden 2 wasn't nearly as hard "academically" as Ninja Gaiden Black and the massive tales of noobing-down of Sigma 2 I wouldn't hold my breath.

My biggest concern is that enemies and bosses will be dumbed down because they need to be fight-able by all four characters, including Rachel and Momiji, who don't look to have the speed and mobility of Ryu (Ayane looks okay though). Rachel's inclusion in Sigma was likely why the Berserkers, Greater Basts, and such were dumbed down as well as why those stupid will o' wisps were created (as a ghost fish substitute for Rachel). Same reason DMC4 didn't work too well, the enemies/bosses were made for Nero, and a super-powered Dante was thrown in at the end for shits and giggles. There's something to be said for focused design and limiting characters.

As for the difficulty of NG2 versus Black...eh...depends. The bosses were pretty much pushovers once you got a strategy down, unlike certain fights in Black like Alma, Awakened Alma, and Fiend Murai, who always put up a decent fight. The ones that weren't were either cheap dipshits (Dagra Dai) or actually good (Genshin, Alexei, Zed). But the normal enemies were always a good challenge attacking ferociously in much larger numbers than Black/Sigma (5-8 ninjas at once versus 2-3 in Black/Sigma) and with some nasty tricks. And that's another thing Sigma 2 seems to be toning down on in all the videos...the nearly overwhelming enemy rushes, the thing that "made" NG2 and forced you to use the superpowered (in comparison to NGB/NGS Ryu) Dragon Ninja.

Slobbergoat

Novice
I dunno; Black-wise, the Master Ninja enemies were often consistently harder for me to beat than the NG2 ones, but they were simultaneously easier due to the game's more Streetfighterish pace compared to the Guilty Gearish one of NG2, and the way the AI was more predictable due to its' smaller numbers. That, and the lunar is pretty much a weapon of mass destruction; try going through the Ninja Fortress with it doing simple moves like XY's and XXY's and you'll see what I mean. Awesome 'technical' weapon, though it loses most of its' clearaway attacks in NG2 sadly.

Interestingly the NG1 engine isn't apparently capable of encounters with more than 3 enemies - in the two or so instances in Black's whole game that more than three enemies attack you, the forth enemy is always visibly not cooperative with the other three - the alleyway just after you pass the church's front gates in chapter 4 and all the missions are good examples.

Slobbergoat said:
I dunno; Black-wise, the Master Ninja enemies were often consistently harder for me to beat than the NG2 ones, but they were simultaneously easier due to the game's more Streetfighterish pace compared to the Guilty Gearish one of NG2, and the way the AI was more predictable due to its' smaller numbers.

I can dig that. Black's enemies were all about knowing the patterns, and be able to respond in a decent way. NG2 is more about twitching the hell out and abusing the de-limb system/i-frames to try and cut the enemy numbers down one by one and throwing in a UT (chain) or powerful move like Flails XXYY, Kusari-Gama 360YYY, Izuna Drop, or Heavenly Justice into Garland Drop with the Tonfa when able to. Different kind of difficulty. As long as you know what you're doing and are reasonably with it, you'll be pretty consistent against NGB enemies. One mistake against NG2 enemies though...and you end up losing a lot of life.

That, and the lunar is pretty much a weapon of mass destruction; try going through the Ninja Fortress with it doing simple moves like XY's and XXY's and you'll see what I mean.

I'm more of a chucks guy dealing with the ninja, only to bust out the Dragon Sword against Murai, but the Lunar does do quite well...even though I rarely practice against the ninja with it.

Awesome 'technical' weapon, though it loses most of its' clearaway attacks in NG2 sadly.

Yeah...though the jump XXY Izuna, the XXY boss killer, and both of the superb UTs make up for it.

Interestingly the NG1 engine isn't apparently capable of encounters with more than 3 enemies - in the two or so instances in Black's whole game that more than three enemies attack you, the forth enemy is always visibly not cooperative with the other three - the alleyway just after you pass the church's front gates in chapter 4 and all the missions are good examples.

Huh...never really noticed that. I mean more than 3 human/imp/bast enemies yeah, but some of the other enemies worked in larger groups. Like the mission with four enemies including gallas, berserkers, and ogres in the bridge square. They worked...though gallas could be pretty passive when not "locked on".

Slobbergoat

Novice
The XY "Poke" is able to clearaway any regular-sized enemy and down them for a considerable time - easily enough to nirmankaya (downed Y) them, which at this point will almost instantly kill them. Extremely useful since like the Izuna Drop it takes an enemy 'out of the fight' temporarily, giving you some breathing space against the other two. It's less effective against black MSATs and Samurai but can be a lifesaver against any other enemy.

To my memory it was shitted with a bit in Sigma (I think the down time is a little shorter), but it's still pretty good. Plus, you can knock the first two red ninja off the cliff they're fighting on with it which is funny even the hundredth time you do it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom