Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

please help me!

Many companies selling vitamins are only doing so to make money. high-calorie treats by doing extra exercises Yield: 6 servings (about 34 cup per serving
to build novel molecules within specified B. Protection against the anemia caused by 5-FU treatment. well-characterized structure that is formed
signaling effectors. Syk activation leads to one class of proteins found in the PSD, the genes (those believedtohave arisen by
I-Property does not charge for advertisement Agent can advertise as long as they like So the selling price can be a bit higher as they have no pressure to sell the properties fast This also give th

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Nine times out of ten, turning off 3D acceleration fixes problems with older 2D games.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Wait... Vista substitutes D3D for DDRAW ? That sounds pretty awesome. I bet they could make it upscale old games rather easy.

deranged

Cipher
shihonage said:
Wait... Vista substitutes D3D for DDRAW ?

Nope DX10 still has DDRAW available.

I think the reason for this is that most late-90s - early 2000 isometric games, Arcanum included, make use of D3D anyways.

I still have XP but I cannot play Baldur's Gate 1 or IWD2 if I do not turn the 3D acceleration down two notches.

MetalCraze

Arcane
BethesdaLove said:
vista - dx10?

Oh stop with that shit already. It has already been proven countless times that DX9 can do exactly the same things visually (except for geometric shaders - which I'm sure someone will learn to use with DX9 sooner or later) and DX10 is more like a PR trick.

deranged

Cipher
Regardless of the fact that I do work for the evil corporation that has developed the aforementioned API, I will agree that the changes introduced with DX10 were not so groundbreaking as promised or expected.

it was mainly an effort to take advantage of the brand new Vista kernel and support some features that were unavailable in other OSs (like XP).

BethesdaLove

Arbiter
skyway said:
BethesdaLove said:
vista - dx10?

Oh stop with that shit already. It has already been proven countless times that DX9 can do exactly the same things visually (except for geometric shaders - which I'm sure someone will learn to use with DX9 sooner or later) and DX10 is more like a PR trick.

Butthurt?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom