Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Possible incline: From the team that created The Incredible Machine...

Gondolin

Arcane
I've just found out about this new thing called Contraption Maker:

The team that created the original Incredible Machine® is bringing all of the Rube Goldberg craziness to the modern age.

Solve puzzles involving ridiculous chain reactions full of hamster motors, trampolines, alligators, cats, and so much more. Then go to the powerful Maker Lab, where you can create your own contraptions. Everything you loved about the original game is back and improved with a new physics engine, high definition art, and new parts and programmability.

Our community features will allow you to share your creations with the world. Cooperative play, subassemblies, mods and more are coming soon. Keep a eye out for the Early Access (Alpha) release coming to PC & Mac this summer!

Sweet Jesus with chocolate filling, I still remember playing a lot of TIM and TIM2 almost... 20 years ago. I really hope the new game is as good as the old ones.

EDIT: Oh, yeah... link: http://contraptionmaker.com/

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
They're STILL churning out TIM-clones after 20 years?

The Incredible Machine in '92, the expansion pack the year after, Sid & Al's Incredible Toons (my favourite) in 1993, the Windows version of that in 1994, TIM2 in 1994 and TIM3 in 1995. A spinoff/sequel in 2000 called Contraptions and a sequel to that in 2001, with finally the original being re-released on the iPad in 2011.

If they've stopped recycling old material and are actually going to add new content for once, this might be good.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I remember playing first machines as a kid. That game teached you so many things without being boring. Just tinkering with possible equipement and finding the proper use of them. That's what I call edutainment.

Astral Rag

Arcane
For people who don't know The Incredible Machine:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom