Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prediction: the next release Dwarf Fortress will be INSANE!

Zomg

Arbiter
Mint bronze coins. Five stacks will still attract a Bookkeeper but the coins won't circulate and DF won't waste processor time getting dwarves to shit single precious metal coins all over hell and creation.

Fintilgin

Educated
Eh, it's not that hard to pick up.

My girlfriend, who usually only plays stuff like The Sims, Oblivion, and Bejeweled watched me playing Dwarf Fortress for about an hour and by the end was insisting I install a copy on her computer.

Now she plays it more then I do! :shock: Actually she's quite obssessed with it. She's always starting over and trying to make things 'perfect', whereas I tend to just muddle through with a screwed up mess of a fortress. It's quite amusing.

psycojester

Arbiter
i'm currently in the muddle through stage of things, if i can just get through the current winter without everybody starving to death/going berzerk i thought i should be alright. It'd also be nice if people would stop bloody immigrating for a while, they keep screwing up my production/consumption rate and i always seem to have at least a page of dwarfs sleeping on the floor because i can't cut down trees and build beds fast enough to keep them all in rooms while still expanding my fort.

Oarfish

Prophet
nice if people would stop bloody immigrating for a while

You need a drowning room for the little buggers, draft them, station them and pull the flood lever :) It's a shame they can't make stuff out of dwarf bits in normal circumstances really.

Still, at least you get a supply of new clothes.

MisterStone

Arcane
psycojester said:
i'm currently in the muddle through stage of things, if i can just get through the current winter without everybody starving to death/going berzerk i thought i should be alright. It'd also be nice if people would stop bloody immigrating for a while, they keep screwing up my production/consumption rate and i always seem to have at least a page of dwarfs sleeping on the floor because i can't cut down trees and build beds fast enough to keep them all in rooms while still expanding my fort.

You can make the bedless dwarves kind of happy at least by making a barracks room (use a single bed, or a armor/weapon rack), and detailing the flood. I use it as population overflow sleeping quarters if there aren't enough beds. The dwarves are never exactly ecstatic about the arrangement, but if you can make it up to them some other way (keep the booze flowing), then they will be happy enough to get by until more beds are made.

The dwarven economy is pretty lame. A lot of people play simply by killing off all/most of the nobles and doing whatever the hell they want. Hopefully this kind of thing will be fixed before long.

Fez

Erudite
Oarfish said:
You need a drowning room for the little buggers, draft them, station them and pull the flood lever :) It's a shame they can't make stuff out of dwarf bits in normal circumstances really.

Still, at least you get a supply of new clothes.

The final Dwarven solution. Do you take the gold from their teeth and ship it to Switzerland too?

psycojester

Arbiter
(keep the booze flowing)

I'm currently slaughtering puppies and hunting vermin to keep them from starving, its not really an option at this point.

The final Dwarven solution. Do you take the gold from their teeth and ship it to Switzerland too?

Why? We have our own smelters and mint.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom