Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preparing for the horrors of Oblivious - Modded Morrowind

foneco

Novice
Make sure You got at least the above ones.
All Aerelon enhanced plugins and Ace addons.
Horatios' Npc expanded.
Creatures v6
Sounds expanded, both by PirrateLord.
Herbalism redux.
Better bodies, better clothes beta, Better heads v1.1 and Reptides cloth and armmor addon (Beleave, it improves Bh a lot).
Madmax Pegas ranch v3
Emma's children of morrowind.
Mighty joy young weapons replacer
And if want to be a vampire:
Vampires embrace, vampire realism, vampire hunger.

VenomByte

Scholar
You'll definitely want at least one mod which changes the Morrowind default levelling system.

There are three obvious choices here, all of which fix the 'cheesy' powerlevelling/roleplay issues

Balor's levelling mod is good because it includes stat degradation (which is really not a bad thing, but I don't have to say that here as we're not on TES). I've used this for most of my characters.

Mad Leveller is very similar, but includes a stat uncapper and doesn't have stat degradation. I tend to use this if I'm going to be playing as a Lich, since I don't think they should be confined to mere mortal limits...

GCD is a complete overhaul which removes the MW levelling interface/view totally and... well I think this one has been mentioned already anyway. Only reason I haven't used this, is because I have a habit of not using any mods that I haven't read and understand all the scripting for... and I've yet to sum up the courage to surf through the scripts on this one :)

galsiah

Erudite
VenomByte said:
...habit of not using any mods that I haven't read and understand all the scripting for...
If I took that attitude I probably wouldn't use it :D. Looking through the code these days frequently leads me to question the author's sanity.

Balor said:
Just as predicted, the thread turned into plugfest by modders who run away from sinking in stupidity TES forums. :)
And, like always, I've started this trend. Go me! :).
Speaking of which, you simply must use my Dynamic Pool resource. Can a game really be called an RPG without 3d pool simulation? At least it can be modded in to Oblivion, but so far Age of Decadence seems to be missing this essential element. It's a crying shame.

Zomg

Arbiter
One thing I would add would be some of the economy fixer mods - stuff that closes the various money engines in MW, prevents so much massively powerful and valuable loot from spawning, etc.

I actually got all geared up for a heavily modded playthrough of Morrowind and the expansions a few months ago, and it all fit together fairly well for a few play sessions, but I was doing so much mod tuning that I lost the thread of interest and dawdled off to play Armored Core.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom