Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Prison Architect Alpha 17 released - Armed Guards added

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tags: Prison Architect

Prison Architect Alpha 17 has been released. This one adds Armories and Armed Guards as its main feature.

= Armed guards
You can now hire armed guards to patrol your prison, intimidate your inmates, and put down trouble
You must research the Armoury first, and your armoury requires a weapons rack and one locker per armed guard on site
Armed guards have a strong "Supression" effect on all prisoners near them, making the prisoners less likely to misbehave
They can be instructed to follow a patrol from the Deployment screen
They will only use lethal force if you give them permission - by clicking the "Weapons Free" emergency button
They will always shout a warning first, unless a Prisoner is attacking a member of staff (guard, armed guard, administrator etc)
They will also shoot on site any prisoner who is about to escape, without shouting a warning, so long as they have "Weapons Free"
Note: Armed guards who genuinely fear for their lives may still shoot, even if you have not given them permission via "Weapons Free"
Note: The Armoury must be very secure. Your most dangerous prisoners will attempt to raid it during a riot or mass escape event

= New Forestry zone
Automates the process of growing trees for the purposes of felling them and using the wood

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Time to create an open armoury surrounded by armed guards to have a free for all.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
It's pretty playable as it is now. There's just no "end" or story other than "build a prison".

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'm in the same boat. I have too many alpha/beta/early access titles already. When it's in release state, I'll buy it. Shit has been taking forever.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
It's still pretty barebones though. Feels like it's pretty far from completion.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
These alpha access things will never be "finished". Only abandoned at some point.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Prison Architect is one of the few ones I expect might get finished eventually, unlike 90% of the other stuff on Early Access.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
These alpha access things will never be "finished". Only abandoned at some point.

Eh, Introversion has been at it for awhile. I expect them to finish eventually. Not within a year but eventually.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom