Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Puritas Cordis

Balthamael

Liturgist
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_Fil ... tas_Cordis

Picked this up the other day when I felt like some point and click adventure. Not sure if I should be disappointed, it wasn't totally horrible but certainly not a masterpiece either. The interface is simple and intuitive, nothing to complain there. And the problems are standard adventure game fare, ranging from logical to absurd but mostly easily solvable with some thinking and trial and error. If you like adventure games at all, I don't think that aspect will disappoint.

My issues are with voice acting which was horrible to the point that I wondered if it wasn't intentional. Mercifully you could glance over the subtitles and right-click to the next sentence, sparing your ears. The dialog itself is also quite bad. Luckily the game doesn't try to be terribly serious or those issues would be much more annoying. The game actually tries to parody many adventure game cliches, mostly not particularly successfully. Seriously, breaking the fourth wall isn't funny, cut that shit off.

The main character, Nina, got some chuckles out of me with her constant complaining and sarcastic attitude towards the player, but most of the time she is an annoying bitch. She might have been more likable if her voicing didn't grate my nerves, but I guess I am repeating myself. The overall story is something Dan Brown might have written, which hopefully doesn't count as a praise for anyone, but it works well enough for a game I suppose.

If you really need an adventure game, I guess this will work well enough. Otherwise, there are better ones.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
The first one sucked terribly and was as mediocre/generic as adventure games come. I'm not surprised the sequel is no better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom