Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recommend me some FPS'

Tycn

Savant
Emotional Vampire said:
Multidirectional said:
Yeah, let's pretend it's as easy to get from one cover to another in Far Cry as it is in Crysis with it's fastly recharging invisibility mode.

Well that's the point. Far Cry was not stealth-friendly enough. The game was never designed with stealth in mind, you were just supposed to use the bushes to get the first hit... sometimes.

In Crysis it's possible to be stealthy all the time.

I don't recall this happening at all. I managed to use stealth throughout the entire game (barring the mutant clusterfuck) using the silenced MP5. Certainly much better in the stealth department than Far Cry 2.

DefJam101

Arcane
I wouldn't call Crysis "stealth," since it's more of a test of stamina. You can get through every level undetected, easily, if you're willing to spend 2 cumulative crouching behind objects while your cloak recharges. If you are detected it means you want to be detected, which is often, considering how boring it is to be invisible.

Emotional Vampire said:
Did they fix that camera bug where all you can see is your back?

I used stealth successfully the entire game. Whether it be evading guards, sneaking around posts and mutants, and even sneaking right through the level where you are dropped into the bush with an assault rifle with 3 rounds, totally surrounded by mutants in every direction, so I disagree that sneaking is not a good option in Far Cry, sometimes it is the only option.

I have never been challenged like I have in that game with a FPS. Crysis was weak in comparison, especially challenge and length wise.

If you want a game with poor stealth, play Stalker. That was ridiculous and DID have people with pistols firing at you from 5 miles away, at night as soon as your foot left the bush.

Destroid

Arcane
I didn't read the thread, but if it hasn't been mentioned yet, operation motherfucking flashpoint.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom