Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Requiem: Avenging Angel

Andhaira

Arcane
Anyone remeber this game?

It was a FPS where you played an angel sent down to earth to kill fallen/evil angels as well as their human servitors. It had cool angelic powers you got and could use such as lightning, turning enemies to a pillar of salt, possession, bullet time, etc etc. You also had conventional weapons on top of that.

I've wondered why a sequel never got made. Did the game not sell enough? It got good reviews, had good gameplay and good graphics.

Discuss!!

Achilles

Arcane
I remember that game. I think the main thing is that religion has gone a bit out of style recently.I don't see a lot of games with religious themes anymore.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Alexandros said:
I remember that game. I think the main thing is that religion has gone a bit out of style recently.I don't see a lot of games with religious themes anymore.
Actually, it's a rather interesting thing, with the US fundie Christians having the country by the balls.

mountain hare

Scholar
AndhairaX said:
Anyone remeber this game?

It was a FPS where you played an angel sent down to earth to kill fallen/evil angels as well as their human servitors. It had cool angelic powers you got and could use such as lightning, turning enemies to a pillar of salt, possession, bullet time, etc etc. You also had conventional weapons on top of that.

I've wondered why a sequel never got made. Did the game not sell enough? It got good reviews, had good gameplay and good graphics.

Discuss!!

I rather enjoyed the game, although your angelic powers were overpowered at the end of the game. Possession and Resurrection made you an unstoppable titan.

Shoelip

Arbiter
I remember liking the demo of the game. I cheated to give myself all the powers and used resurrection on every enemy.

Inziladun

Magister
Anyone remember that stupid girl that came to the codex to advertise her angels vs. demon rpg that wasn't even in pre-production and all they had was a ridiculous story summary and some laughable concept art? Then their forums were full of a bunch of retards that had no idea how to code or anything.

Oh yeah, the chick was like head of story development or something. And she wanted a custom portrait but someone fucked with her telling her to ask in some unrelated thread in feedback and she asked to get some picture of a fairy that was half the size of the eiffel tower as an avatar.

Or am I the only one who remembers things like this?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom