Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RFG Multiplayer

Slobbergoat

Novice
While I'm not amazingly good at shootan games on the console due to the way that pretty much everything about them is shitter than their PC counterparts I've got to say that Red Faction Guerilla's multiplayer is hilarious, albiet for all the wrong reasons.

The playerbase is practically a cross-section of modern consolefaggery: Players so stupid they barely understand how to even start the game with skills so nonexistant they couldn't even beat Halo and the ability to combine the word "nigger" into so many different combinations they'd surely qualify for idiot savants (Well, they've got the first part down anyway).

One time I started planting proximity mines at the end of a bridge to kill the noobs who tried to cross it. I killed the same guy 17 times and later got a message sent to me calling me a "knower" with a "mexinigger dad".

I don't know if that's the best thing I've ever experienced, or the worst.

Ironically, the Multiplayer is actually pretty good when you do find some people who have opposable thumbs. Kind of like a dumbed down Tribes.

inb4 "that's every ecksbaks game"; even when I played GoW for a while I never came across people who so well exemplified the stupid-bad demographic as in RFG.

Destroid

Arcane
I found the multiplayer to be ok, the demolition based game modes were pretty fun.

It would play a lot better in first person with a mouse and less unco guns.

Slobbergoat

Novice
Yeah, the guns tend to be pretty mixed - in the end I just used the shotgun the whole time [though this was helped by the way that most players, seeing you've a weapon that can kill somebody in a single bodyshot at close range, will charge headlong with their sledgehammer out at you].

Siege is probably the best simply due to the griefing potential and the way the levels are fairly spacious yet still small enough to keep the action relatively tight.

The third person didn't bother me so much since it didn't have the fucking disorientating tunnelvision that most console FPS games have (Halo in particular has like a 65 degree FOV - wtf?)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom