Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGCodex list of most enjoyable games

likaq

Arcane
1.Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
2.Blade Runner
3.The Last Express
4.Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri
5.Planescape: Torment

Pelvis Knot

Cipher
Rogue said:
I suspect there will be about a 1000 new members at the very last minute who will vote DA2 as their top choice.

Then again, DA2 is really an enjoyable game - didn't you see all those codex threads? I had so much fun bathing in the rage :)

pajak713

Educated
Pelvis Knot said:
what games you played were the most fun/enjoyable for you, not what you think are objectively the best games.
7 - Donkey Kong Land on good ol' gameboy - My very first owned game, so lots of nostalgia here. And it was pretty great.
6 - Blood Bowl Legendary edition - it's great to watch how ficken OP those beastmen become. Skavens - :incline:
5 - HoMM III - hours and hours and hours and so on, playing on the hot seats.
4 - Planescape: Torment - The only problem with it? I read the book before I played the game. And the book was crap, to be honest.
3 - Portal. Short, fun, intense. And "Still alive".
2 - Abe games from Oddworld. For the longest time I hoped that there will be more games like that in the series. Unfortunately - along came third dimension and spit in my eyes.
1 - Fallout 2. Just the best thing that happened to me in my gaming life. Loved every minute of it. Even the talking deathclaw.

Art Vandelay

Prophet
1.Pirates! (C64 original)
2.Civilization
3.Gold Box series
4.Frontier: Elite II
5.Fallout 2
6.Panzer General
7.World of Warcraft (vanilla only)

Those above were and still are the pinnacle of computer gaming,as far as i'm concerned.

P.S. My first post here was destined to be in a thread started by another fellow Croatian(right?)...and a Hajduk Split fan,no less!! :thumbsup:

Pelvis Knot

Cipher
Art Vandelay said:
P.S. My first post here was destined to be in a thread started by another fellow Croatian(right?)...and a Hajduk Split fan,no less!! :thumbsup:

Hajduk živi vječno! :)

Also:

LAST DAY TO VOTE!

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
1. Fallout 2
2. Fallout
3. Planescape Torment
4. Bloodlines
5. Deus EX
6. Fallout New Vegas
7. System Shock 2

Heh, I dislike rpg/shooter hybrids yet 4 out of 7 games in my list fit on that category.

Pelvis Knot

Cipher
I have an exam tomorrow so I wasn't much on this lately. Hopefully I'll be able to prepare it for Sunday.

Nomask Alt

Arbiter
1. Gothic 2: Night of the Raven
2. Super Mario 64
3. Warhammer: Dark Omen
4. Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
5. TES: Arena
6. Super Metroid
7. Geneforge 5

Can we get the results now?

Pelvis Knot

Cipher
The results were posted long ago... The best mod ever would tell you to use the search function

Gregz

Arcane
My list from another thread, limit 12

In no particular order
Difficulty -> only 12 picks allowed:

• Sid Meier's Pirates (pick the version you like)
  • Civilization (pick the one you like)
  • Wasteland (Replace with a Fallout, an Infinity Engine game, a Gothic, or an Elder Scrolls title if you prefer)
  • World of Warcraft (yeah I went there, Everquest works here too)
  • Diablo (both 1&2 because I don't want to waste a slot, Laz's Median-XL mod is a masterpiece)
  • System Shock II (Replace with Half-Life or similar if you prefer)
  • Deus Ex (Replace with a Thief title if you prefer)
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (Best game of its kind)
  • Counter-Strike (I wanted a place for Far Cry, but no room. CS was the first massively successful culmination of shooters, mods, and multiplayer pvp)
  • Might and Magic VII (M&M Worlds, M&M VI, or Wizardy 8 are equally valid choices for best blobber imo)
  • Master of Magic (Replace with Dune 2, a Warcraft, a C&C, or MoO 2 if you prefer)
  • Jagged Alliance 2 1.13 Mod (Replace with X-Com if you prefer)

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
1. Planescape: Torment
2. Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
3. Thief: The Dark Project
4. Jagged Alliance 2
5. King of Dragon Pass
6. Fallout
7. System Shock 2

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom