Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Say it isnt so!

Shoelip

Arbiter
Um... we are posting links to old pictures of Bethesda Fallout 3... um... ?

Micmu

Magister
I laughed at that description. What kind of "silly" shit is this?
They should write something straightforward and concrete instead, if they suck at writing.
charisma.jpg

Also, it seems that even PC users now need left/right button labels (besides gigantic fonts and absurdly large and overdecorated interfaces). Consolisation at it's finest again.

p.s.: yes it's the first time I've seen that screenshot. :)

Shoelip

Arbiter
It's an imitation of a baby book. This was explained months ago. Character creation is done through a series of scenes of your character growing up. When you're a certain age you get your first book called "You're SPECIAL" or something like that with SPECIAL in the title and then you set you stats.

There are much better things to complain about. Like things we didn't already know and had ignored for months.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I guess it is used for the tutorial sequence where you play as a child and need to reach the book to build your character. The style would make sense there but I still find it somewhat bad.

I guess Bethesda wants to say they consider stats in RPG to be child play.

Edit: beaten by shoelip.

Balor

Arcane
Well, remember, it is SUPPOSED to be a dumb silly shit. It's an infant's book, you know.
Given their target audience, it's a VERY smart move.
Edit: beaten by Shoelip AND Gragt. Damn.

Shoelip

Arbiter
The whole growing up tutorial thing is actually a fairly neat idea. Following in the great Bethesda tradition of having an interesting beginning and then dumping you into a boring giant dead world with hordes of mindlessly psychotic NPCs and crappy meaningless dialogue from the ones who will actually talk to you.

It's 2008. You think they could make some improvements to Daggerfall, but all they've really done is dumb it down.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Old news.

Balor said:
Well, remember, it is SUPPOSED to be a dumb silly shit. It's an infant's book, you know.
Making dumb, silly shit on purpose is no excuse for making dumb, silly shit. Then again, of course we aren't their target audience.

Quilty

Magister
I find mandatory tutorials a chore in any game. I mean, just dump me in the middle of nowhere and let me figure it out for myself. Mandatory tutorials always make me think of Black and White (a boring game overall in my opinion, but that tutorial was especially ugh) and Temple of Trials, those tutorial levels sometimes really killed my desire to replay those games.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Jasede said:
http://www.1up.com/media/03/5/5/3/lg/307.JPG?r

That dome and these trees look pretty nice.

Yes, and this also looks pretty nice

34562_Image1_122_560lo.jpg

I wonder when this game will come out?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom