Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SCREENSHOTS RUSSIAN SITE! OBLIION

Tintin

Arbiter
This guy over TES forums is saying that since these "leaked" photos do not look like the ones that bethesda released they're obviously not real pics. What a douche.

Tes guy: 6 - 12 MONTHS OLD ANAD ARE NOT FROM THE FINISHED GAME.

Hate to break it to you, but 6-12 months old & not finished - and "not real Oblivion pics" actually do mean different things. It isn't a rumour.

Levski 1912

Scholar
Unless you're willing to shell out $2000 for a new PC, your game will never look like the official screenshots released by Bethesda.

Tintin

Arbiter
Levski 1912 said:
Unless you're willing to shell out $2000 for a new PC, your game will never look like the official screenshots released by Bethesda.

That's true. Unlike other companies who post screenshots of their games taken using crappy old machines with GeForce 3 graphics cards, Bethesda, being the evil company they are, has strayed from the general trend and decides to post screenshots that shows off their game at it's best. The rest of the gaming public is shocked at this disgusting method of showcasing your product.

Section8

Cipher
That's true. Unlike other companies who post screenshots of their games taken using crappy old machines with GeForce 3 graphics cards, Bethesda, being the evil company they are, has strayed from the general trend and decides to post screenshots that shows off their game at it's best. The rest of the gaming public is shocked at this disgusting method of showcasing your product.

That's beside the point, Tintin. The matter for more concern is whether or not Bethesda are willingling misleading their less discerning fans (of which there are many) into the belief that their penultimate shots are exactly what they'll get, and that nobody will have an experience of comparable visual quality to "the Russian shots."

It's one thing to make your game look it's best, it's another thing to be disingenuous with regard to something that shows the game looking otherwise.

Levski 1912

Scholar
Instead of investing all these resources in the new graphics and soil erosion, maybe Bethesda could have just improved the MW graphics and focused their energies on NPC interaction and gameplay. After all, MW (especially with the fine texturepacks released by the community) looks very nice, and it doesn't require a $2000 machine to run with all the bells and whistles.

Irwanday01

Novice
Tintin said:
This guy over TES forums is saying that since these "leaked" photos do not look like the ones that bethesda released they're obviously not real pics. What a douche.

Tes guy: 6 - 12 MONTHS OLD ANAD ARE NOT FROM THE FINISHED GAME.

Hate to break it to you, but 6-12 months old & not finished - and "not real Oblivion pics" actually do mean different things. It isn't a rumour.

hate to break it to you, bt 90% of the pics in the arts section( the pics that guy was refering to) are older than the russian screenshots. Im comparing russian screenshots ( 6 months old) to bethesda released pics ( at least one year old)

Obviously it really dosen't matter what any screenshot looks like. The people posting the pics most likely have a motive for doing so. I don't care what the pics look like. I care what in game looks like.

My point of posting the original statement was. This guy is so far up bethesdas ass, that he refuses to believe what he actually sees.

And for the record those pics were released originally on Oct 15 2005, so their not 6 months to 12 months old.

Section8

Cipher
And for the record those pics were released originally on Oct 15 2005, so their not 6 months to 12 months old.

A hypothical fanboy said:
but teh build (I don't even know what this word means but DEVs use it, and THEY KNOW) wan'st optimiset!!! and it was teh old built!!

Now when you have idiots like that ficticious person in your pocket, it's clear somebody is being led astray. Good for business, but then again, so is swindling naive elderly folk out of their savings.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
A hypothical fanboy said:
but teh build (I don't even know what this word means but DEVs use it, and THEY KNOW) wan'st optimiset!!! and it was teh old built!!
That reminds me:

Kramer: Jerry, all these big companies, they write off everything.
Jerry: You don't even know what a write off is.
Kramer: Do you?
Jerry: No. I Don't.
Kramer: But they do. And they're the ones writing it off.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Irwanday01 said:
hate to break it to you, bt 90% of the pics in the arts section( the pics that guy was refering to) are older than the russian screenshots. Im comparing russian screenshots ( 6 months old) to bethesda released pics ( at least one year old)
That's a good point actually...

By the way, what kind of machines are Bethesda running on? I mean, I haven't seen a PC all that faster than they were three years ago (back when the 3 Ghz came out). The highest I've seen is 3.8 Ghz. Where's my 5 Ghz damn it or are they all going dual chip now?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom