Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shattered Union review at GamerGod

LlamaGod

Cipher
<strong>[ Game -> Review ]</strong>

<a href="http://www.gamergod.com">GamerGod</a> has posted a review of the steaming heap <a href="http://www.2kgames.com/shatteredunion/">Shattered Union</a>(and it totally sucks compared to our review, okay).

You know you're danger when the review starts off with saying that Shattered Union (a turn-based "wargame") is an RTS.

Anyways, here's some clips:

<blockquote>Somewhat crisscrossing with replay value, the fun factor of ST is low. This was a game I found myself bored with after 10 minutes of play simply because the animations of the infantry units make the same noise for 2 seconds over and over, the same noise the same way everytime you attack with that unit. It becomes very boring very fast, almost like an rpg where you get slash level 1 and although your fighting your thousandth battle and have reached level 26 with your sword of might +2 to leetness, your still using and seeing the animation for slash level 1. Very boring, very quickly. I don't have patience for things that aren't exciting or unique, and this game isn't exciting and isn't that unique.</blockquote>
<blockquote>Shattered Union is a good game to play, but its not a necessarily fun game to play. It will amuse you for a while. If your looking for a game that you can pickup every other month and knock out an hour or two, this would be your title. If your looking for a game you will want to play over the course of 2-3 months, you will find yourself quickly bored with ST.</blockquote>

So there you have it: Even mildly retarded folks who consider animations and sound effects to be "Fun Factor" think it's a rather shitty game (but as figured, their inner retard kinda likes it).

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
Shattered Union is a good game to play, but its not a necessarily fun game to play.
What?

This site is probably one of the worst gaming sites out there. I mean seriously, I'm in fucking high school and I write better than these guys. Thankfully TCancer's here to massacre all these morons, right guys? Damn right.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
See, if we ever do an article like that you can beat your ass there's gonna be some boner-poppin' pictures in there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom