Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Siege of avalon

Saxon1974

Prophet
I played it for a little bit.

The artwork and look of the game is pretty good. However I got bored fairly fast when I realized it's pretty much a ramroded linear game. It says something like "Have you played any novels lately?"

I guess that makes sense in this regard as you really have no choice in how the game plays out and the world is not very interactive. If you dont mind those aspects you should like the game, at least from what I played.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Shit.

I bought it hoping for a great story, but what I got was bad action gameplay and really boring storyline. I couldn't get very far into it. You'd be better playing stuff with mediocre stories like Divine Divinity and NWN2, which do have some redeeming qualities.

Siege of Avalon is what I describe as direct-to-trash.

gamefan

Scholar
I liked it, i beat it like 3 times and thought it was very good, while i admit it is pretty linear it is very fun.

I liked the story though.

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
The stealth chapter is a bit interesting but other than that, yeah, it is a boring game.

I had problems playing the game on XP so beware.

gamefan

Scholar
Sovy Kurosei said:
The stealth chapter is a bit interesting but other than that, yeah, it is a boring game.

I had problems playing the game on XP so beware.
Worked for me on XP.

Why did you guys find it boring? I thought some of the chapters, like chapter 4( the infiltration chapter) were very fun.

Chapter 1 and 2 arn't all that great, chapter 3 and 4 are good and 5 is average. 6 kind of sucked.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
gamefan said:
Why did you guys find it boring?
There's no strong motivation for the player to get in the game. No mystery, no thrill, no horror, no twist, no unknown. It's quite stale. And it doesn't get better fast enough.

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
I got bored of all the monsters you have to run around and kill.

When I got enough gear and skills to boost my stealth ability skyhigh I would just walk around one-shotting everything that comes across my path.

What let me down was that the premise was a lot more interesting (for a fantasy setting) than what the game turned out to be.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom