Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Silverfall + expansion now on Steam

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Silverfall: Earth Awakening

<a href="http://storefront.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=app&AppId=4470">Silverfall: Earth Awakening is now available on Steam</a>. If you haven't played the game at all, you can pick up the original as well:
<br>
<blockquote>Silverfall Earth Awakening is an action RPG with unique graphical feel offering a fantastic quest to explore the new territories of Nelwë. In this heroic fantasy world where nature and technology collide you will have to make important choices which will lead you to side with one or the other. Play any one of the available six races, of which 2 are new: the stocky and lucky 'Dwarves' and the agile and treacherous 'Lizardmen', and prepare yourself to confront an impressive array of creatures and formidable bosses to save the realm of Nelwë.</blockquote>
<br>
If you do have the original, you can import your existing character into the sequel.
<br>
<br>
Spotted @ <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com">RPGWatch</a>

Shoelip

Arbiter
Bah, I could have told you this if I'd thought you cared. I always keep forgetting that you cover games you hate as well.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Shoelip said:
I always keep forgetting that you cover games you hate as well.
You mean the Fallout 3 posts aren't a constant reminder? I didn't know much about the game though. Saint seemed to like it.

Uz0rnaem

Scholar
I read that the addon tries to address the camera and general control issues by introducing direct WASD controls. The inclusion of a playable dwarf is also nice, but I'm still going to skip this. The main game was just too half-baked, rushed and riddled with too many little annoyances, though the core gameplay was decent. The fact that it ran absurdly stuttery on both of my PCs didn't help either.

Shoelip

Arbiter
DarkUnderlord said:
Shoelip said:
I always keep forgetting that you cover games you hate as well.
You mean the Fallout 3 posts aren't a constant reminder? I didn't know much about the game though. Saint seemed to like it.

Good point.

I think what I should of said was that I keep forgetting that you cover games you are vaguely displeased by but don't necessarily hate. Basically, most Diablo clones.

Actually, I don't really think of the Codex as a news site so much as a place I go to find that special brand of humor and if I'm lucky a cool obscure game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom