Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Silverfall gazings at Strategy Informer

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Tags: Silverfall

<a href=http://www.strategyinformer.com/>Strategy Informer</a> reminds us all why Jessica Simpson shouldn't ever be brought up when discussing videogames in their <a href=http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/silverfall/review.html>incredibly brief and so not funny exposition</a> of the action RPG with steampunk influences, <a href=http://www.silverfall-game.com/en/>Silverfall</a>:<blockquote>To start in the beginning, a very fine place to start, Silverfall is an action RPG in which you select your race, build a character, and race off to kill bad things. It's a solid premise, and in Silverfall you can choose between being a human, an elf, a troll, or perhaps a goblin if you're that way inclined.
<br>
<br>
In an inspired moment of madness, the underlying theme of the game is choosing between nature and technology. Which will you align yourself with? Depending on which you choose, you gain acess to different “skill trees”. Here's where you might start to get a little frustrated if you like just being about to pick up random skills as you see fit.
<br>
<br>
To explain, if you're the type who likes to play Necromancer/Barbarian/Hairdresser type characters, you're not going to be happy. This is because Silverfall requires skills to be built upon, and every skill you learn opens up some options and effectively blocks others off. It's all a bit like life really, unfair.
<br>
<br>
The choices you make don't only effect your character, they also effect the fate of the world, so choose carefully alright? There's nothing quite like the guilt of screwing up a whole planet.</blockquote>But you get to play dress up as you screw it up, so it evens out in the end.
<br>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.strategyinformer.com/">Strategy Informer</A>

So basicallythis person calls it a depthless action-RPG that looks pretty and has nothing else. And then it get's a good score.....

Is their any integrity left in gaming journalism?

Shannow

Waster of Time
Edward_R_Murrow said:
So basicallythis person calls it a depthless action-RPG that looks pretty and has nothing else. And then it get's a good score.....

Is their any integrity left in gaming journalism?
I'm told there are people that like clicking in a game with nice graphics. Nothing else required. Of course i have yet to personally meet such a person, face to face. If i hadn't read posts from morons that actually say they only require games like crysis to be pretty to buy them, i'd say that the graphic-whore-morons are a myth like big-foot.

Ah well, as long as their concepts are predictable and you can see through the glitter, you can still gather some information out of such reviews: " a depthless action-RPG that looks pretty and has nothing else." *g*

Texas Red

Whiner
ARPGs are strange and stupid. They dont have any of the RP elements and the action part consists of clicking your left button. Who would want to play this, I dont know. At least introduce tactical combat for God's sake.

Sometimes I think the rest of the world is taking crazy pills.

MacBone

Scholar
Top Game Moment: Making myself pretty with new clothes. OMG Soooo Cute!
Never a good sign. So was Jess the target audience for this review? Maybe she could review the game and give us her perspective.

Shoelip

Arbiter
The Walkin' Dude said:
ARPGs are strange and stupid. They dont have any of the RP elements and the action part consists of clicking your left button. Who would want to play this, I dont know. At least introduce tactical combat for God's sake.

Sometimes I think the rest of the world is taking crazy pills.

Try a console arpg if you want something more than clicking. The lack of a mouse has forced them to get somewhat creative.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom