Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

snes' Drakkhen melodies so good

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i never played lufia. at least now i know it has superbly done music. i will go to my grave saying that the best video game music was born from the technical limitations of the 80's and 90's. as soon as the industry realized they could start aping film scores... ugh. nothing like being limited to motherfucking game boy fucking sound chip to make someone like the guy who did the streets of rage ost (and many many other game boy games) make some of th best music ever.

edit: of course the same axiom i just wrote applies to the comparable scenes of those eras of western computing/gaming; only think more "amazing ambient soundscapes" and not so much "my god that jap is making magic with a four note scale on loop"

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom