Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, ArmA2

Derek Larp

Cipher
I`M LYING DOWN IN THE FUCKING GRASS AND CAN`T SEE SHIT HOW CAN YOU TAKE AIMED SHOTS AT ME YOU MOTHERFUCKING ASSHOLE!!!!!!1#!'!

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Oh, and the drivers AI, the drivers AI....

This game makes me fucking angry.

Achilles

Arcane
Arma 2 is a flawed gem. I too wanted it to be perfect, but it's much better than anything else out there.

Derek Larp

Cipher
Yeah, I mean it has really great landscape design, just driving around really feels like driving through a real landscape, and it´s really a sight to behold if you pit 4 mech cos against each other and stand in the middle. But if something as basic as concealment doesn´t work it breaks the game for me. Well, I guess I can just turn the grass off.

But is it really too hard to implement ground foliage blocking the ais view and distant personnel lying down to just vanish from sight?

MetalCraze

Arcane
Derek Larp said:
But is it really too hard to implement ground foliage blocking the ais view and distant personnel lying down to just vanish from sight?
Yes. They are trying (failing) to implement that for the past 3 years (in OFP cover works). Well at least they fixed bugs that plagued the series since OFP just some 8 years later. Just wait another 5 years, maybe they will fix the cover issue in ArmA 4.

Unwanted

RaXz

Unwanted
At least they have a better start than with ArmA 1, ArmA 2 feels a lot more like OFP even if it is in such a sorry state. Hopefully it will flush the people out that play the game in 3rd person mode with a targeting reticle, that's more OFP2 stuff.

Dmitron

Arbiter
It's odd that they removed the auto grass flattening once a character goes prone. The community bitched about this exact problem with ArmA 1, and a fix was released with the first or second patch. Now it's back again.

Self-Ejected

BlitzKitchen

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2012
just wait for the FFUR mod or some similar shit

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom