Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Solo playing Might and Magic VI, is it a good idea?

theverybigslayer

Liturgist
solo1.jpg

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Not only is it a good idea - it is very much possible and even feasible.

More money for one character = More skills, better weapons, more spells,.etc.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
ironman or nothing

also thanks for picking the least shitty blob game out there. :incline of blob fans:

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
I got into M&M at number 1, then quit. Much later in life I got into it a 6,7, and 8 which I enjoyed tremendously.

Completing 6 solo is very, very possible. Heck I would do it myself (sounds like fun) if I still had my disks.

Oh well...someday it will be abandonware or get put in a collector's edition like my precious Wizardry games.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Oh on a related note, I recently pulled World of Xeen of my Interplay collection disks and... did World of Xeen not support custom parties?

I can't figure out to customize my party if it did.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Anthony Davis said:
Oh on a related note, I recently pulled World of Xeen of my Interplay collection disks and... did World of Xeen not support custom parties?

Enter any tavern, sign in, dismiss default party and create your own characters. Or something like that.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Anthony Davis said:

My friend, did you not read the manual? :) You go to taverns to make parties.

You can create any number of characters, and some of them can be left in the tavern and some of them can be brought for adventuring in a group of six.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Wyrmlord said:
Anthony Davis said:

My friend, did you not read the manual? :) You go to taverns to make parties.

You can create any number of characters, and some of them can be left in the tavern and some of them can be brought for adventuring in a group of six.

No I did not. The manual is this 2 inch thick monstrosity that has every game in it from the Interplay RPG Collection.

I figured it would be similar to 6 or something and start with the party making.

I will try it again when my machine finishes it house cleaning chores.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Well...that didn't work. Every time I talk to the red haied bar maiden, whether I exit or sign in - the game crashes or locks up.

Oh well, maybe it is a bug in Dos Box.

edit: Well, I think it is working now. I fiddled with dosbox settings and now I can make my party.

man, this game makes me miss MM6.

Tails

Arbiter
Anthony Davis said:
Well...that didn't work. Every time I talk to the red haied bar maiden, whether I exit or sign in - the game crashes or locks up.

edit: Well, I think it is working now. I fiddled with dosbox settings and now I can make my party.

I had similar freeze when playing intro and talking with that maiden.. I't was on newest Dosbox 0.73. Probably it's fine with 0.72?...

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Anthony Davis said:

Play through World of Xeen anyway.

It is one of the wackiest and all around offbeat and enjoyable games I have played. It always has something new and wierd to throw at you. Such as cloud worlds that you can levitate upon, runes in ancient languages that can be read if you try to learn the language, enclosed areas that you notice in Wizard's Eye but can only reach through teleportation, and other stuff.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Anthony Davis: If perchance, when you finish World of Xeen and are still hungry for more Might & Magic action, there's always the fan-made Swords of Xeen. It uses the same engine as WoX but manages to push it to the limit. It's also a lot shorter and a lot harder, but that makes each fight tense and memorable. The end dungeon is balls, though.

DaveO

Erudite
I have the end dungeon on video for Swords of Xeen. Nope, you're going to have to ASK me for the link. :twisted:

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Hahahahaha! That sounds interesting!

I am having a hard time finding time to start a playthrough right now.

Currently on my list of fresh dos box games is Phantasie, World of Xeen and Syndicate.

World of Xeen is by far the most interesting since I am a fan of the first one and 6 on. However, it also requires the biggest time commitment right now.

Michael Ellis

Scholar
Project: Eternity
Anthony Davis said:
Hahahahaha! That sounds interesting!

I am having a hard time finding time to start a playthrough right now.

Currently on my list of fresh dos box games is Phantasie, World of Xeen and Syndicate.

World of Xeen is by far the most interesting since I am a fan of the first one and 6 on. However, it also requires the biggest time commitment right now.

Whenever someone mentions Syndicate, I think of the Syndicate Wars trailer. One of my all time favorites with the speakers on 10:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY0AWbAlAAI

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom